Karamoko Dembele - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Karamoko Dembele

Bobby Russell's Lovechild

54 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I really hope we tell this kid to fuck off if he tries to come back. He's switched nations several times and I would much rather he stuck with England or went to ivory Coast. 

My thoughts too. He went with England for purely commercial reasons. No links to the country, apart from a few weeks he spent there from birth. Would of had more respect for him if he thought his future was with the Ivory Coast.

I remember watching his first team debut against my team and thinking Aaron Hickey had him in his back pocket but barely had a mention in spite of also being 16 at the time. He didn't seem all that special but the media were hyping him up as if he was going to be a world beater.

Still early days but I highly doubt he's going to be an international player (whoever he picks).

23 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

My thoughts too. He went with England for purely commercial reasons. No links to the country, apart from a few weeks he spent there from birth. Would of had more respect for him if he thought his future was with the Ivory Coast.

He's only 17. I understood that he had one last switch left.  I agree that I don't want someone who only wants us because he's failed to make it with England but he's young enough to still make up his mind.

6 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

No player at Celtic has improved since Lennon took over.  The situation is mental.  I think if he moves to the right set-up, he's still got a real chance of making it. 

A championship loan to somewhere like Ayr or QOS would be good for him, get away from the toxic atmosphere too 

2 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

A lot of people are getting a bit carried away about Hickey.

You think? SPFL debut at 16 and has progressed to being a regular in serie A at 18. That’s the best ANY young Scottish player has done for a long, long, long time and you could argue that only Gilmour is more exciting at the moment.

If anything people aren’t getting excited enough about Hickey, tho I’m not sure what karamoko dembele thinks of him.

On 12/7/2020 at 5:13 PM, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

I've been thinking about this for a few weeks now, that Dembele isn't going to be the talent that some would like to believe. If the DR is to be believe, there is murmurings that this could be true. There hasn't even been any talk if extending his contact, even though it runs out in the summer. My worry is that England lose interest in him and he, all of a sudden, feels Scottish again

Daily Record: Karamoko Dembele leaves Celtic 'disappointed' as Borussia Dortmund keep tabs on wonderkid.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/karamoko-dembele-leaves-celtic-disappointed-23128338

England already have - and this is just off the top of my head - players like Phil Foden, Mason Greenwood and Jaden Sancho, who play in similar positions and aren't all that much older than Dembele, and who are already regulars for top European clubs.

tend to take very little notice of anything the Record prints, but if Dembele really is the "wonderkid" he's billed as, surely he'd have broken into what is, I think it's fair to say, a pretty poor Celtic team. 

14 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

You think? SPFL debut at 16 and has progressed to being a regular in serie A at 18. That’s the best ANY young Scottish player has done for a long, long, long time and you could argue that only Gilmour is more exciting at the moment.

If anything people aren’t getting excited enough about Hickey, tho I’m not sure what karamoko dembele thinks of him.

Totally agree. 

The fact he hasn't played much for Scotland means a lot of fans haven't seen him with others of the same age group. He'd be a stand out with Gilmour.