Karamoko Dembele - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Karamoko Dembele

Bobby Russell's Lovechild

Guest ElChris04
Just now, The_Dark_Knight said:

The very best of luck to him.

I've been ribbed for my backing of Scott McTominay, but he is a lad that chose Scotland over England. And he's every bit as good as Rice or Henderson of Longstaff so he's definitely good enough to be in the England squad.

He sacrificed playing in the World Cup and the European Championships and enhancing his wage potential to wear a Scotland shirt. The boy has immense integrity and we should be proud he's one of us.

I'm just waiting till United appoint a real manager so that McTominay develops. 

Well said post mate. McTominay doesn’t do fancy tricks. But he’s a young quality holding midfielder who does his job fantastically, his loyalty to Scotland is something to admire. He put us above career goals. 

1 minute ago, ElChris04 said:

Well said post mate. McTominay doesn’t do fancy tricks. But he’s a young quality holding midfielder who does his job fantastically, his loyalty to Scotland is something to admire. He put us above career goals. 

He really did. Not many in his position would've done the same, so it certainly says a lot about the lad's character. Mourinho, SAF and now OGS think the world of him, you can see why.

He's a player SAF would've loved to worked with. No frills, no flicks, no stupid hairstyles, etc, just following instructions and being humble.

Word is that Allegri is about to replace OGS. Hopefully then we'll see McTominay flourish into an old school box-to-box midfielder. He's wasted in the anchornan position.

Guest ElChris04
6 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

He really did. Not many in his position would've done the same, so it certainly says a lot about the lad's character. Mourinho, SAF and now OGS think the world of him, you can see why.

He's a player SAF would've loved to worked with. No frills, no flicks, no stupid hairstyles, etc, just following instructions and being humble.

Word is that Allegri is about to replace OGS. Hopefully then we'll see McTominay flourish into an old school box-to-box midfielder. He's wasted in the anchornan position.

Utd’s team is criminally overrated with players McTominay is surrounded with not being as good as there made out. Hopefully if Allegri does come in like you say he’ll flourish in the box to box midfielder role. But aye he’s the ideal player for any manager. Would say him or McGinn should be our captain moving forward.

Was having a discussion with someone on Twitter earlier about the situation and he mentioned that he was friends with the father of Terry Taylor (Aberdeen wolves u23 player that changed allegiance to Wales). The lad said his decision to change was purely down to the Welsh setup being a lot better than the SFA's

2 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

Utd’s team is criminally overrated with players McTominay is surrounded with not being as good as there made out. Hopefully if Allegri does come in like you say he’ll flourish in the box to box midfielder role. But aye he’s the ideal player for any manager. Would say him or McGinn should be our captain moving forward.

There's so many reasons for United's troubles, but yeah, I agree that the team is awful. Their defence is actually good but apart from Pogba and McTominay they have no midfield (doesn't help that they're being played as anchornen). They have no attack, either. James is carrying their attackers.

Agreed.

31 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Was having a discussion with someone on Twitter earlier about the situation and he mentioned that he was friends with the father of Terry Taylor (Aberdeen wolves u23 player that changed allegiance to Wales). The lad said his decision to change was purely down to the Welsh setup being a lot better than the SFA's

If it's true then it's strange reasoning for a player who has played a total of 11 times for Scotland at under 17/19 level. If he's that fair-weathered then Wales are welcome to him.

8 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Guess that’s up to him and his family. 

Similar to Jack Harper

But again, it's not similar. Harper has Scottish family.

As you said, it's up to him. If he wants to do it purely because he thinks he'll earn more money, good luck to the lad. I just hope we don't go back to him if England decides they don't want him

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

16 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

But again, it's not similar. Harper has Scottish family.

As you said, it's up to him. If he wants to do it purely because he thinks he'll earn more money, good luck to the lad. I just hope we don't go back to him if England decides they don't want him

That’s why I said similar ;)

Instead of money it might just be playing for a better team. 

And we almost definitely would go back in for him if he was seen as good enough, we have no self respect, see Caulker 

1 minute ago, ParisInAKilt said:

That’s why I said similar ;)

Instead of money it might just be playing for a better team. 

And we almost definitely would go back in for him if he was seen as good enough, we have no self respect, see Caulker 

For me, it's a strange scenario to grasp. Probably the only similar one we've experienced is Bardsley, but there was never a tug of war with him.

Dembele's brother said it would be a dream for them to both play for the Ivory Coast together, that I would completely get. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

For me, it's a strange scenario to grasp. Probably the only similar one we've experienced is Bardsley, but there was never a tug of war with him.

Dembele's brother said it would be a dream for them to both play for the Ivory Coast together, that I would completely get. 

Ivory Coast would make more sense than England but I’m past trying to make sense of international eligibility anymore. 

• 1 year later...

I've been thinking about this for a few weeks now, that Dembele isn't going to be the talent that some would like to believe. If the DR is to be believe, there is murmurings that this could be true. There hasn't even been any talk if extending his contact, even though it runs out in the summer. My worry is that England lose interest in him and he, all of a sudden, feels Scottish again

Daily Record: Karamoko Dembele leaves Celtic 'disappointed' as Borussia Dortmund keep tabs on wonderkid.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/karamoko-dembele-leaves-celtic-disappointed-23128338

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

44 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

I've been thinking about this for a few weeks now, that Dembele isn't going to be the talent that some would like to believe. If the DR is to be believe, there is murmurings that this could be true. There hasn't even been any talk if extending his contact, even though it runs out in the summer. My worry is that England lose interest in him and he, all of a sudden, feels Scottish again

Daily Record: Karamoko Dembele leaves Celtic 'disappointed' as Borussia Dortmund keep tabs on wonderkid.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/karamoko-dembele-leaves-celtic-disappointed-23128338

I wouldn’t worry. It’s better to have the option than not. He’d only be picked if he was any good.