Snoddy retires. - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Snoddy retires.

McTeeko

13 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Unusual timing with the euro play offs.

A player I liked, but not one we will desperately miss fortunately.

13 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

He did look like he was towing a caravan in Moscow and rather than be an out ball appeared to just run in to troubkevsnd concede possession.

Don’t like to see players retire, but can’t realky question his commitment upto this point.

Does anywhere have some sort of “Scott Gemmil calculator” that shows how many squads he’s turned up for rather than just his caps?

Been a bit selective with the quotes they’ve lifted from here.

😂

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4840806/robert-snodgrass-quit-scotland-san-marino/

Edited by sbcmfc

15 minutes ago, gonzohiggy said:

A good player over the years but the right time to step aside. I wonder if Clarke had a say in it as his performance in Russia was very poor?

Leaves room for the younger and arguably better players like Fraser, Forrest and Christie with Johnston etc still to break through 

Doubt it, Clarke won’t discount anyone who’s eligible and fit. Rightly so.

Feel a bit for Snoddy, very committed and talented but his Scotland career was very stop start.

Never really got back to the heights after his last knee injury at Hull.

Ironically came back into the fold this season when not getting a start at West Ham and he was getting much more game time last season when he fell out with Eck.

We move on.

On 10/15/2019 at 11:56 PM, sbcmfc said:

Been a bit selective with the quotes they’ve lifted from here.

😂

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4840806/robert-snodgrass-quit-scotland-san-marino/

Sun “journalists” read the TAMB?

Good, read this:

Your paper is a fucking disgrace and I wouldn’t use it to line my rabbit hutch. 

Congrats to the following who were quoted in that Sun article ..........

However Tartan Army fans on social media were mostly critical of Snodgrass following his announcement.

Fairbairn said: “Can’t help but feel he’s letting the team down here.”

Sbcmfc added: “Looked like he was towing a caravan in Moscow, not one we will desperately miss.”

Shaggycoo said: “What makes players think they can retire from international football? If you are good enough, play for your country. If you are not, join the SSC.”

RenfrewBlue said: “Looks like he’s chucked it after being told he wouldn’t be getting called up again. Nowhere near good enough anymore even with the low level of competition in our squad.”

And Third Lanark cheekily posted: “Just wish he hadn’t decided to do it during the match against Russia.”

Edited by ErsatzThistle

8 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Congrats to the following who were quoted in that Sun article ..........

If you look back, I made 2 separate comments, the context and positives were removed from both and a single line from each was butted together to create that...

I like/liked snodgrass, and felt he gave us everything every time he was involved, but we’re fortunate we’re heavy on attacking midfielders, so “he won’t be missed”.

I think the “tartan army” were surprised by the timing,but don’t think the sun picked up the mood otherwise.

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

If you look back, I made 2 separate comments, the context and positives were removed from both and a single line from each was butted together to create that...

Typical Sun journalism, mate. 

I would hope that Snodgrass knows that we all appreciated his efforts.

I just feel for the people here that the Sun quoted. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

38 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Thanks, look forward to doing store openings and chat shows now that I am a published author. 🤔

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/uk/949477/scotland-latest-kilt-ban-machu-picchu-scottish-football-fans/amp

This was a decent one. The eejits couldnae even spell Kumnio correctly. I like how they still used Ormond’s sweary words even if they bleeped the hoors oot. 😄

• 7 months later...
5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

they can both fuck off, you don't pick and choose when you play when it suits you

To be fair, Scott Brown's not asking to come back and reading it, I'm not sure Snodgrass is either. He's right when he says we need someone like Brown in the squad though. He's been terrific for Celtic and we miss his type.

"I'd never say never for my country. If Steve Clarke needed me, he knows my number and where I am. It's been an interesting season for me, ever since I stopped playing with Scotland I got in the side with West Ham. Scoring goals and creating goals between 15 and 20 games.

"So listen, I'd never say no to my country. I've obviously been retired and enjoyed it at club level."

Except he did say no to scotland 😂

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

"I'd never say never for my country. If Steve Clarke needed me, he knows my number and where I am. It's been an interesting season for me, ever since I stopped playing with Scotland I got in the side with West Ham. Scoring goals and creating goals between 15 and 20 games.

"So listen, I'd never say no to my country. I've obviously been retired and enjoyed it at club level."

Except he did say no to scotland 😂

I suppose he did in a way because he retired but that means all the players that have retired from International football (some greats amongst them) have said no to Scotland. Doesn't seem right somehow.

If you were the manager of Scotland and there was a player that you thought had retired too early and could still do a good job for us would you ask him back? I think I would.

In the case of Snodgrass I wouldn't though. Decent enough player in the past but I don't think we need him now. I'd still have Brown in the team mind, just for hopefully, the next few games.

Right now we are not overly in a position to be turning down a winger given we have Fraser, Forrest and Christie then not much behind that (Johnston might come good but who knows). Not that I would be delighted by it but we need as much depth of squad as we can get.