Scotland u19 v Germany u19 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland u19 v Germany u19

The_Dark_Knight

Just now, er yir macaroon said:

McPake with the goal. I felt it was coming actually - we’ve been dealing with them well and a chance was always going to come along with our front three. 

Lol it was far from coming, we could hardly string two passes together and we didn't even get anywhere near their goal. We have been good defensively tbf.

Tidy enough first half. Kind of invited Germany into us but keeping them honest at the back. 

Impressed with our goalie - the German number 9 looks pretty good! By now I’m used to seeing our kids physically under-developed in comparison to opponents from other areas, but the Germans are taking the piß here!

Really have to keep this up second half as it will get harder. 

Malky Mackay interview at half-time. A wee bit of a propaganda job, but am prepared to take a wee bit of comfort from it in light of our current first team malaise.

7 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

So you say, but I did feel it was coming, in as much as i knew we carried a threat without necessarily having the ball. 

We carried no threat, we had one chance  and we have luckily converted it,to not be able to string two passes together is worrying because we won't always score from our one and only chance which is what has just happened.

Edited by mccaughey85

15 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

The lad McPake certainly has a lot of ability and if he can get the ball in the final third he can certainly cause problems 

Especially if he continues to mis-hit crosses like that!

13 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

We carried no threat, we had one chance  and we have luckily converted it,to not be able to string two passes together is worrying because we won't always score from our one and only chance which is what has just happened.

Nah - That’s over-harsh. At the moment, I’d still expect the Germans to peg us back, but if that free-kick had gone in, I wouldn’t say it wasn’t deserved. They’re doing well and I hope they hold on.

2 minutes ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Especially if he continues to mis-hit crosses like that!

Nah - That’s over-harsh. At the moment, I’d still expect the Germans to peg us back, but if that free-kick had gone in, I wouldn’t say it wasn’t deserved. They’re doing well and I hope they hold on.

Our defensive discipline has been excellent, we have easily contained them but it's not good enough that we can't string two passes together.

Brilliant second half performance, did well to keep it tight and play our way into the game first half, goal gave us a lot of confidence and belief, and so we should have belief as we are actually very good on the ball when we have the confidence to trust our ability. Great to see and well deserved win