Bulgaria support thread - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bulgaria support thread

bonny78

1 hour ago, IainMore said:

As far as I could hear. The abuse such as it was, was directed at that divin cheating wee shit Sterling and nobody else.

Problem is there were the Nazi style salutes as well as abuse so it's difficult not to see it as being anything other than racist.

9 hours ago, IainMore said:

As far as I could hear. The abuse such as it was, was directed at that divin cheating wee shit Sterling and nobody else. Me thinks the over sensitive sassenachs hypocrites doth protest too much. I guess ah just upset a few souls. I remember how we got slagged off in The anti Scottish Brit Press and Media for booing that divin cheat Neymar. I see no difference in this instance. 

No, watch the news or whatever, this was as blatant and open racism as you’ll see.

apologies for the link, but video shows it’s not just some boos aimed at Sterling for divinG.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/10135977/racist-bulgaria-fans-abuse-england-black-stars-football/

17 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Just a request - can we change the name of this thread now so it looks like we're not showing some kind of solidarity with the Bulgarian's behavior 😂 ?

To be fair, the thread was started by somebody who wanted to support Bulgaria, which he has every right to do. Then it was hijacked by trolls wanting to pursue a different agenda. If folk want to talk about racism they could start their own thread.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

To be fair, the thread was started by somebody who wanted to support Bulgaria, which he has every right to do. Then it was hijacked by trolls wanting to pursue a different agenda. If folk want to talk about racism they could start their own thread.

Aye but the internet is written in ink these days I'm afraid. The aftermath of the game and the subsequent 'debate' on the same thread if you want to call it that leaves the door open for us all to be painted in a sketchy light. Unfortunately when the race card comes out every inch gets taken a mile.

I'd actually agree about changing the title of this thread. 

Stoichkov (Legend) broke down in years talking about it. You can tell that he's ashamed of it. And credit to the Bulgarian captain for spending ten minutes trying to talk sense into the idiots.

Hopefully this prompts a similar dialogue in Scottish football about religious bigotry. I'd love to see Scottish clubs be punished for the mindless actions of their "fans". Point deductions and partial stadium closures would be nice.

29 minutes ago, macy37 said:

It is. To think it isn’t is exactly why the issue repeats. 

Do you think celtic fans should be punished for the support of Palestine or whatever it is and the abuse dished out to whoever it is? Israel or whatever? Should they be flung out for waving tri colours, trying to start a race war against Scotland and England?

13 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Four Bulgaria fans arrested for subjecting England players to racist abuse have been fined 1,000 Bulgarian lev (£443) and banned from sports events for two years.

Doesn't really send any kind of major deterrent does it?

That's probably about a month's wages for them.  It would certainly make me think twice about doing similar (if I was a Bulgarian racist).

And who knows with fundraisers or if they are part of an official group/club etc, they might even pay it for them.

England are hardly whiter than white when it comes to racism and/or fans causing trouble ; but the only way to send a lesson to Bulgaria is ban them from the rest of WC qualifying and the possible Nations League Playoff to the Euros too.

5 hours ago, Toepoke said:

That's probably about a month's wages for them.  It would certainly make me think twice about doing similar (if I was a Bulgarian racist).

Its all going to depend on the law of their country.  Is making racist comments illegal?  Not where I live.  They were likely banned from the sporting events as the venue discretion, and they were probably fined not for being racist per say but causing a public disturbance or something.  

From what I read in the UK, rights of expression are under threat, people getting taken to court for comments on twitter.  And just to clarify, racism is abhorrent and detestable, there is only one race - this is probably a topic for another thread.