Bulgaria support thread - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bulgaria support thread

bonny78

7 hours ago, slasher said:

By the same token Scottish football fans pointing the finger over racism is ironic and fuckin hilarious 😂

It's true the most racist abuse I've heard at a game was at Hampden,  but that was a long time ago thankfully.  The scenes last night were a disgusting throwback. 

11 hours ago, kumnio said:

The hypocrisy of this is comical. Yes the Bulgarians have an element of racist wankers, but for the English to act like victims, and morally superior is comical. The English fuckers were doing Nazi salutes earlier.

Piers Morgan should STFU as well.

Not totally sure how "the English" have tried to be morally superior. The reaction to nazi salutes and monkey chanting is justified imho. I didnt see any english fans doing nazi salutes last night. If there are photos, videos etc of English fans behaving  like that last night share it with Piers i'm fairly certain he'll condemn it. Last night the Black English players were victims of racism of that there is no doubt 

6 minutes ago, Nobby said:

Not totally sure how "the English" have tried to be morally superior. The reaction to nazi salutes and monkey chanting is justified imho. I didnt see any english fans doing nazi salutes last night. If there are photos, videos etc of English fans behaving  like that last night share it with Piers i'm fairly certain he'll condemn it. Last night the Black English players were victims of racism of that there is no doubt 

The English fans were caught giving it the Nazi salute and singing anti-semitic songs, along with all other manner of heinous behaviour, at the world cup last summer, most notably in Volgograd, when the Sun newspaper got a video of it. 

That is the sort of hypocrisy that is seemingly leading to some being rubbed the wrong way by the moral superiority. 

Ultiamtely the continued awful behaviour or large swathes of england away fans does not in any way make it less dreadful that these bulgarian fans were conducting themselves in this way and have been doing so for a while now, nor does it change how harshly they ought to be punished. 

Shut their ground for the next game. The next few games. 

I suppose the issue is, when are such harsh punishments going to be dished out to the big teams? Italy. Spain. Russia. England. When are they getting banned from stadia? due to awful behaviour by sections of the crowd? Of course Bulgaria will get the doors closed and get hammered, because it's only Bulgaria. 

3 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

The English fans were caught giving it the Nazi salute and singing anti-semitic songs, along with all other manner of heinous behaviour, at the world cup last summer, most notably in Volgograd, when the Sun newspaper got a video of it. 

That is the sort of hypocrisy that is seemingly leading to some being rubbed the wrong way by the moral superiority. 

Ultiamtely the continued awful behaviour or large swathes of england away fans does not in any way make it less dreadful that these bulgarian fans were conducting themselves in this way and have been doing so for a while now, nor does it change how harshly they ought to be punished. 

Shut their ground for the next game. The next few games. 

I suppose the issue is, when are such harsh punishments going to be dished out to the big teams? Italy. Spain. Russia. England. When are they getting banned from stadia? due to awful behaviour by sections of the crowd? Of course Bulgaria will get the doors closed and get hammered, because it's only Bulgaria. 

That doesn’t apply to their logic because there was only a handful of people caught up in it. I pointed this out to folk on Facebook last night and the response was “it’s hardly the same, it’s only a few people”

When I asked the guy if racism was ok if it’s only a small group, he skimmed answering it every time and mentioned something else. 

If they want to boot out teams with racist fans, Bulgaria and England would be a good starting point. The media completely ignore their own scumbags though, it’s pointless even discussing it with the deluded cunts. 

9 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

It is a tough call, but these people are being paid a good wage to problem solve. It's about time something was implemented.

Tonight was a start, as the fans were warned, some were ejected, etc. The first step was to stop the match and award England the win.

I don't watch Scottish football anymore, as it's too corrupt for my tastes, but the SFA should do something similar when it comes to bigotry. 

Weren't you an Accies fan? Can see why you don't like corruption.....

13 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

That doesn’t apply to their logic because there was only a handful of people caught up in it. I pointed this out to folk on Facebook last night and the response was “it’s hardly the same, it’s only a few people”

When I asked the guy if racism was ok if it’s only a small group, he skimmed answering it every time and mentioned something else. 

If they want to boot out teams with racist fans, Bulgaria and England would be a good starting point. The media completely ignore their own scumbags though, it’s pointless even discussing it with the deluded cunts. 

Ill answer it for you, No Racism is never acceptable regardless of the number of people involved. The England away support has a number of morons just as i suspect Scotland does although Ill give you ours are far greater in number. 

It is terrible that players need to put up with this.

I think it’s just the faux shock and outrage from the English media that is detracting from the very valid point that this shouldn’t be happening and action needs taken.

As I said earlier in the thread. It was last Wednesday they started talking about this on Talksport, before the team had even left for the Czech Republic.

While there’s no defence of Bulgaria, I think they probably will (rightly) be hammered, but will UEFA/FARE have the balls to deal with Italy, Spain, Russia or England so harshly?

Edited by sbcmfc

37 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

If I’m at a game and chanting racist stuff, the ref stopping the game and a tannoy asking me to stop or the game will be abandoned doesn’t seem like an appropriate way of trying to deal with it. 

Yeah, UEFA protocol, fines, and sections all seem like a joke. It reminds me of the anecdote about the private school who decided to start fining parents if they were late to collect their kids, and they were surprised when even more parents started turning up late. The fines were so much cheaper than childcare. 

Racist football fans must be thinking something along the same lines: "What an unbelievably cheap price to pay for being an absolute cretin. Cheers UEFA!" 

58 minutes ago, Nobby said:

Ill answer it for you, No Racism is never acceptable regardless of the number of people involved. The England away support has a number of morons just as i suspect Scotland does although Ill give you ours are far greater in number. 

Correct, unfortunately, some people still have that siege mentality and pretend it doesn’t exist in their own support. 

Something we know very well up here. 

29 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Personally I think Shay Logan has a lot to answer for....

For being black and racially abused, then telling it how it is?

He should be commended....... 😜

7 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

For being black and racially abused, then telling it how it is?

He should be commended....... 😜

I don’t think anyone believes that Tonev is, was or possibly could be a racist....

(assuming his guilt as he’s Bulgarian is probably a bit racist or xenophobic in itself....)

Edited by sbcmfc

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

By that logic nobody can point the finger about racism in football ever?

Too much attention is given to people who crave it anyway. 

Certainly not, I was agreeing with slasher that we're hardly whiter than white up here. (no pun intended)

I'd like to see us do the same with sectarianism but two clubs will never allow that.

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Certainly not, I was agreeing with slasher that we're hardly whiter than white up here. (no pun intended)

I'd like to see us do the same with sectarianism but two clubs will never allow that.

Hearts and Hibs? 

13 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I don’t think anyone believes that Tonev is, was or possibly could be a racist....

(assuming his guilt as he’s Bulgarian is probably a bit racist or xenophobic in itself....)

He was found guilty though, that’s good enough for me to assume he’s a racist scumbag. 

2 hours ago, ger intae them said:

No discussion..... of course a relatively small number of Bulgarian racists is much worse than a relatively small number of english racists.... to the british tabloid media.

Indeed, says the Rangers fan. 😏

As far as I could hear. The abuse such as it was, was directed at that divin cheating wee shit Sterling and nobody else. Me thinks the over sensitive sassenachs hypocrites doth protest too much. I guess ah just upset a few souls. I remember how we got slagged off in The anti Scottish Brit Press and Media for booing that divin cheat Neymar. I see no difference in this instance. 

1 hour ago, IainMore said:

As far as I could hear. The abuse such as it was, was directed at that divin cheating wee shit Sterling and nobody else. Me thinks the over sensitive sassenachs hypocrites doth protest too much. I guess ah just upset a few souls. I remember how we got slagged off in The anti Scottish Brit Press and Media for booing that divin cheat Neymar. I see no difference in this instance. 

It was Mings that highlighted it first I'm sure, but wonderful job at trying to excuse blatant racism.

7 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

It was Mings that highlighted it first I'm sure, but wonderful job at trying to excuse blatant racism.

Bull Shit on me excusing racism. I am just calling it as I heard it. I didn't hear them abusing any other players but if they were I will stand corrected.