Bulgaria support thread - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bulgaria support thread

bonny78

The hypocrisy of this is comical. Yes the Bulgarians have an element of racist wankers, but for the English to act like victims, and morally superior is comical. The English fuckers were doing Nazi salutes earlier.

Piers Morgan should STFU as well.

Just now, kumnio said:

The hypocrisy of this is comical. Yes the Bulgarians have an element of racist wankers, but for the English to act like victims, and morally superior is comical. The English fuckers were doing Nazi salutes earlier.

Aye Morgan trying to take any moral high ground is hilarious. 

Seems like some in the media couldn’t wait for this to happen. 

1 hour ago, JECK said:

On the plus side the Bulgaria team look very poor. I'd back us at Hampden against them. Play off final is a different story altogether.

It all comes down to the draw next month for me. If we are lucky enough to get a home tie in the final then we have a great chance. 

Two home games against mediocre opposition (by that I mean not one of Europe’s top 10 or 15 teams) isn’t beyond us. Not that I think either game would be easy. 

14 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

In an ideal world, but FIFA honestly don't care. It's all lip-service, empty threats and not much else.

Teams of offending teams should be punished by having their match stopped and the other team given a win. 

Aye because that could never be exploited 

23 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Surely that’s it for Bulgaria and they will be chucked out now.

I hope not. They're absolute shite and would offer us the best chance of getting to the playoff final. 

I would imagine their next home match will be played behind closed doors though. 

25 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It all comes down to the draw next month for me. If we are lucky enough to get a home tie in the final then we have a great chance. 

Two home games against mediocre opposition (by that I mean not one of Europe’s top 10 or 15 teams) isn’t beyond us. Not that I think either game would be easy. 

Yeah the possibility of Serbia away fills me with dread. Would like a crack at Norway, one of those teams I'd love to us to beat 

4 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Why not just absolve the Bulgarian fans of all blame and blame the English for buying away tickets.

I’m not suggesting that. 

5 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Passports/photo ID should be shown before you enter a match. How about that?

Sure. 

You’re still left with the decision of what level you stop the game etc. Tough call when you’re stoping games and award points. 

It is a tough call, but these people are being paid a good wage to problem solve. It's about time something was implemented.

Tonight was a start, as the fans were warned, some were ejected, etc. The first step was to stop the match and award England the win.

I don't watch Scottish football anymore, as it's too corrupt for my tastes, but the SFA should do something similar when it comes to bigotry. 

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

England trying to take the moral high ground on fan behaviour is ridiculous. A large element of their support are knuckle-dragging neanderthals that will have been dishing out their own brand of racism around town the last couple of days.

Bulgaria and other countries in that region seem 30+ years behind on racism, so good to see some attempts to stop it. I don’t think stopping the game or walking off is the answer, opens a can of worms that could see the victims penalised or teams walking off when they go behind...

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Aye Morgan trying to take any moral high ground is hilarious. 

Seems like some in the media couldn’t wait for this to happen. 

Talksport have been salivating over the potential for this to happen since the middle of last week. Jim White will have had to wring out his boxers when it became reality.

36 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

England trying to take the moral high ground on fan behaviour is ridiculous. A large element of their support are knuckle-dragging neanderthals that will have been dishing out their own brand of racism around town the last couple of days.

Bulgaria and other countries in that region seem 30+ years behind on racism, so good to see some attempts to stop it. I don’t think stopping the game or walking off is the answer, opens a can of worms that could see the victims penalised or teams walking off when they go behind...

Talksport have been salivating over the potential for this to happen since the middle of last week. Jim White will have had to wring out his boxers when it became reality.

I've met a number of England fans down the years. For all that they have a scummy element that is an anathema to me, for the most part those I have met have been friendly, pleasant and good company. Not a popular opinion on here but I don't give a fuck. 

By the same token Scottish football fans pointing the finger over racism is ironic and fuckin hilarious 😂

1 hour ago, slasher said:

I've met a number of England fans down the years. For all that they have a scummy element that is an anathema to me, for the most part those I have met have been friendly, pleasant and good company. Not a popular opinion on here but I don't give a fuck. 

By the same token Scottish football fans pointing the finger over racism is ironic and fuckin hilarious 😂

I remember seeing English fans throwing chairs, pissing all over the streets and throwing coins at "Gypsies" when I was in France for Euro 2016. 

The group of Bulgarian fans deserve no sympathy or respect. I do find all this stuff ironic though. 

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Think that goes for most people in all walks of lives

Edited by ParisInAKilt