Scotland v Czech under 21.. - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Czech under 21..

Big Ramy 1314

Good result but really irks me that we still just punt aimless balls to the big striker at every opportunity. We never play through Midfield which is very surprising as Gilmour is one of the best at his age for playing this way. Defo not seeing the best of Gilmour playing this style but very sound defensively from Scotland

2 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

Good result but really irks me that we still just punt aimless balls to the big striker at every opportunity. We never play through Midfield which is very surprising as Gilmour is one of the best at his age for playing this way. Defo not seeing the best of Gilmour playing this style but very sound defensively from Scotland

Yeah am surprised we haven’t utilised Gilmour more,.a lot of our play seems to bypass the midfield. Maybe we will switch it up at home.

1 hour ago, SWMM82 said:

Feel we miss what Mickey Johnstone can provide, that bit of spark and creativity in the final third.

Yeah we definitely miss Mikey Johnston at times he is a quality player and can relieve a lot of pressure on the defence by taking the ball for a run. Can also make something happen out of nothing. Actually a not too bad looking team we have at u21 level would love to see them qualify as I have watched most of these lads come through from u17 level, probably the first time in a long time I have watched a Scotland youth team grow together. One player missing from those sides who was probably their best player back then is Jack Aitchison. Would like to see him get in the squad soon

5 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

Yeah we definitely miss Mikey Johnston at times he is a quality player and can relieve a lot of pressure on the defence by taking the ball for a run. Can also make something happen out of nothing. Actually a not too bad looking team we have at u21 level would love to see them qualify as I have watched most of these lads come through from u17 level, probably the first time in a long time I have watched a Scotland youth team grow together. One player missing from those sides who was probably their best player back then is Jack Aitchison. Would like to see him get in the squad soon

It's a decent batch of players right enough. Let's just hope some of them turn into quality players who can cut it at international level.