Still looking for a striker - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Still looking for a striker

0Neils40yarder

I thought he did well tonight.

A tough task considering the conditions, but some nice touches, movement and got in to good spaces - taking in to account the opposition. I thought he did well against Russia too in the wee bits of the ball he got.

I hope he keeps his place, and if I had to choose between him and McBurnie, I'd give Shankland the nod again for November.

Good movement from Shankland all through the game tonight.

A couple of excellent balls across the box in the first half.

Docked one star because of the quality of the opposition. but certainly worthy of further consideration despite the provocative nature of the OP.

Edited by Barney Rubble

Just now, 0Neils40yarder said:

There is no comparison between McBurnie and Shankland... Shankland is a Diddy and McBurnie is playing top level fitba 

Going on the bits of Shankland against Russia and his 90 today, if I had to pick between the two who was the diddy and the top level fitbaer, I'd have said Shankland was the EPL man himself.

I'd even (if going by those last two games) and McBurnie's before that, had to pick a 23 man Euros squad and had one space left between those two, Lawrence would be the man.

1 minute ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

There is no comparison between McBurnie and Shankland... Shankland is a Diddy and McBurnie is playing top level fitba 

I'd have Chris Martin in the team before McBurnie - he actually got goals and assists for Scotland.

That's one call that Strachan got right.

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Good movement from Shankland all through the game tonight.

A couple of excellent balls across the box in the first half.

Docked one star because of the quality of the opposition. but certainly worthy of further consideration despite the provocative nature of the OP.

Sounds like you are a Davie Provan fan.

He did nothing that any one wearing the number 9 shirt wouldn't have done any better.

Said before the game the last think we need was an unproven player looking good against the worst opposition in the world and suckering people into thinking he was better than he was.

Another nice 20 minutes at the end of a game by Armstrong should insure his starting position for a couple of games despit the fact he cant get 10 for his club.

12 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I havent seen game as I was working but you’re obviously at it...and you a well fan too🤪

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Sounds like you are a Davie Provan fan.

He did nothing that any one wearing the number 9 shirt wouldn't have done any better.

Said before the game the last think we need was an unproven player looking good against the worst opposition in the world and suckering people into thinking he was better than he was.

Another nice 20 minutes at the end of a game by Armstrong should insure his starting position for a couple of games despit the fact he cant get 10 for his club.

What on earth provoked that comment?

GTF - I've had you down as one of the better posters on this tired forum??

I watched the game on an American channel tonight, so I've no idea - or indeed any interest - in what Provan had to offer.

Play the ball and not the man please.

Just now, Barney Rubble said:

What on earth provoked that comment?

GTF - I've had you down as one of the better posters on this tired forum??

I watched the game on an American channel tonight, so I've no idea - or indeed any interest - in what Provan had to offer.

Play the ball and not the man please.

Apologies, Your opinion in your post almost quotes him word for word though.

Bad mood because Shankland has more international goals than my beloved McBurnie.

GiveN the fucking state some folk have got themselves in over the Shankland call up Im delighted he scored. Cunts like Kris Boyd and Scott Allan, both model pros of course, saying he wasn’t up for it. Thats as well as our own ever increasing dickhead fans that base talent on the size of a players  club and wage packet. 😂😂😂🙈

Shanklands reaction to his goal and also the boy Findlays was fucking great. Both absolutely buzzing. You think they give a fuck about who they were playing against ? Do they fuck.

👍

Just saw the goals. good to see McGinn looking lively around the box, being in the right place at the right time. Also Shankland.

I even spotted Forrest making a could of runs, and a hand in at least one of the goals.

The Armstrong strike, I'd say we can surely bank as a good international goal, whoever the opposition is, to get the ball where he put it would give most keepers little chance?

Guest ElChris04

Happy to see Shankland in again for November, good positioning, showed a ton of passion today and got his goal, feel there’s more to come. He gets the nod over McBurnie for me