Be quite amusing if San Marino get a good performance - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Be quite amusing if San Marino get a good performance

bonny78

San Marino is on a whole different level of being inept.

Andorra won a game on Friday and you also have likes of Malta, Gilbraltar etc who can score the odd goal and get some points on the board.

The fact Scotland even in this state can comfortably knock six past them shows how bad they are.

I actually read the other week they have really strict eligability criteria, they don't pick players of San Marino descent who grow up outside the country. Seems a bit silly when there's no real hope of small progress with how they do things now.

19 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

San Marino is on a whole different level of being inept.

Andorra won a game on Friday and you also have likes of Malta, Gilbraltar etc who can score the odd goal and get some points on the board.

The fact Scotland even in this state can comfortably knock six past them shows how bad they are.

I actually read the other week they have really strict eligability criteria, they don't pick players of San Marino descent who grow up outside the country. Seems a bit silly when there's no real hope of small progress with how they do things now.

I did wonder what their call offs are like, and what’s their motivation?

I suppose initially getting to travel the world, play against top players in top stadiums etc. would be quite appealing, but longer term it must get old after a while travelling Europe getting rode by the likes of Scotland an Cyprus.

I heard of an idea to take ones pregnant wife to San Marino to be born so that the boy is eligible for the national team. 

Can be anything from slight decent to good at football and would get to play in the above mentioned stadiums and against all the sides in Europe. 

Can think of worse things in the world. 😂.     Just imagine the after parties and tours to go on. 

Imo the players shud just have got pished with the Scottish fans before the game yesterday - then again after it.  

Whisky at half time too.     Whats the manager going to say likes??    "dinny embarrass yourselves the day lads..."