Team announced - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team announced

Bobby Russell's Lovechild

7 minutes ago, Dandydon said:

Strachan started a bizarre formation v Gibraltar at home a few years ago - was forced to change it when they scored. Don’t think our players are necessarily good enough to adapt to playing hugely different formations 

This is the problem, not the management, the players. 

There's no heart in any of them. 

Happy so far- We have a midfielder with a good looking goals record, scare the shit out of opposition in the future especially if he moves to a bigger club in future. 

Shankland hasn't scored so hopefully he will get subbed before he does and not get picked again until he actually proves he can play football against footballers.

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Happy so far- We have a midfielder with a good looking goals record, scare the shit out of opposition in the future especially if he moves to a bigger club in future. 

Shankland hasn't scored so hopefully he will get subbed before he does and not get picked again until he actually proves he can play football against footballers.

I'm glad he scored if even just to shut up the dafties like you. He's exactly the sort of striker needed to play against San Marino. 

20 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Did you start one? If not, don't criticise others for not doing it either. It's hardly an important game. 

I'll criticise whatever I like

However the point was it was more a sign of where we are now that no one had started one

31 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Disappointing to me McBurnie was "unavailable" for these games. Him scoring a couple tonight could've really got him going at international level and pretty much nailed down the lone striker role.

This was his chance to launch his Scotland career

And he, most likely, exaggerated a niggle cause he couldn't be arsed

28 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Won 6-0 and would have been more had it not been for the park being waterlogged. Lighten up ya gimp. 

Delighted with the win

5-0 is the minimum you would expect against the worst team on the planet

14 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Hope we get to play them more often.

Unless we drop another couple of pots we'll always have a team like that in our group. 

I'm glad Clarke gave different players a chance, especially in a game like this, so they get a build up rather than being chucked in against Belgium or Russia.