Bring back Scott Brown - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bring back Scott Brown

Dandydon

Still the best midfielder we have, a leader as well. Desperate times but the playoff matches are the most important in a generation and crucial we give ourselves the best chance. Appreciate it was him that retired but would definitely be asking the question of him.

3 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Give it a rest. The guy can barely manage playing for Celtic now never mind playing for Scotland as well. 

Brown is retired from international football. Accept it and move on. 

Have seen several Celtic matches this season and he has been outstanding, particularly v Rangers and v Cluj.

Just now, Dandydon said:

Have seen several Celtic matches this season and he has been outstanding, particularly v Rangers and v Cluj.

I’m assuming you didn’t watch the Hibs and Livingston games where he was terrible? In fact he was subbed with 15 minutes to go against Livingston. 

It’s not Brown’s ability that’s in question though, it’s his age and his willingness to play for Scotland that’s the issue. He’s 34 and has made his wishes clear.

Time to move on. 

38 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Give it a rest. The guy can barely manage playing for Celtic now never mind playing for Scotland as well. 

Brown is retired from international football. Accept it and move on. 

Your first sentence is demonstrable nonsense.

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

I’m assuming you didn’t watch the Hibs and Livingston games where he was terrible? In fact he was subbed with 15 minutes to go against Livingston. 

It’s not Brown’s ability that’s in question though, it’s his age and his willingness to play for Scotland that’s the issue. He’s 34 and has made his wishes clear.

Time to move on. 

I didn’t see those games though I imagine he was taken off v Livingston as Celtic were down to ten men and his age might have been showing?

He’s the type of player we are crying out for.

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Your first sentence is demonstrable nonsense.

My first sentence was ‘Give it a rest’. 

I assume you are referring to my second sentence? Brown is 34 and is noticeably slower than he was 2 or 3 seasons ago. He is well past his best and his peak fitness and struggles with the pace of a fast game. 

We would all love Scott Brown in his prime at the moment but Brown at present is not what we need. 

He has retired from international football anyway and will not be coming back so it’s pointless discussing it anyway. 

43 minutes ago, Dandydon said:

I didn’t see those games though I imagine he was taken off v Livingston as Celtic were down to ten men and his age might have been showing?

He’s the type of player we are crying out for.

I can’t really speak for Neil Lennon so I don’t know the actual reason for him being subbed. Probably tactical but the fact is Brown was rotten in that game and the match was passing him by. A couple of poor games doesn’t mean he’s not a good player anymore of course but he’s well past his best. He’ll be nearly 35 by the time the playoffs come around.

He has retired anyway and there is no way he’ll come back so whether you are right or not is irrelevant at this point. 

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I assume you are referring to my second sentence? Brown is 34 and is noticeably slower than he was 2 or 3 seasons ago. He is well past his best and his peak fitness and struggles with the pace of a fast game. 

We would all love Scott Brown in his prime at the moment but Brown at present is not what we need. 

He has retired from international football anyway and will not be coming back so it’s pointless discussing it anyway. 

I agree with most of that, I think either brown retiring and Gordon strachan leaving or getting sacked has had a detrimental effect on the team but I am unsure which it is or if it's a combination of both. Brown is always cool and calm on the ball and we played some nice football with him in the side but as I said that could of been Strachans influence or browns, who knows.

24 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

So why did you bring the subject up?

I’d play Lamie from Livingston as DMC, I think he could do the switch like Roy Aitken did. I don’t  see anyone else better, but I don’t have extensive knowledge of everybody available to play for Scotland and I don’t get to see every game these players are involved in.

Edited by RabS

7 minutes ago, RabS said:

I’d play Lamie from Livingston as DMC, I think he could do the switch like Roy Aitken did. I don’t  see anyone else better, but I don’t have extensive knowledge of everybody available to play for Scotland and I don’t get to see every game these players are involved in.

Thank god you’re not the manager then. 

6 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Thank god you’re not the manager then. 

Yeah cos getting beat 4:O from a half-decent Russia is acceptable for you.

He is a fighter and a battler, strong, physical, good in the air, aggressive, competitive, decent pace, mobility, no nonsense, can play football well enough for the role. I say just what we need in a midfield made of butter. He will give you 110% for 90+ minutes, and he won’t shirk from hard tackles and can do the odd cynical foul when necessary. Do you know someone better?

Edited by RabS