Scotland U19 v Andorra U19 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland U19 v Andorra U19

The_Dark_Knight

1. Archie Mair (GK)
2. Nathan Patterson
3. Christopher Hamilton
5. Jamie Hamilton
6. Dean Campbell (C)
7. Jack Burroughs
15. Ciaran Dickson
17. Lewis Fiorini
18. Kai Kennedy
19. Kyle Joseph
20. James Maxwell

Substitutes

12. Ross Sinclair (GK)
4. Connor McAvoy
8. Marc Leonard
9. Dapo Mebude
10. Ethan Ross
11. Josh McPake
13. Luke Robinson
14. Harrison Ashby
16. Sonny Blu Lo-Everton

6 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Agreed. Getting bot sloppy now. Patterson' looks quite handy

I can reel off about five or six guys in the u21s who I have heard about since they were 18 that I am sure will get full caps whereas this group I am not so sure about any. The u21s have gilmour, hornby, Johnston, porteous, Middleton and mclennan. Those guys I reckon are easily capable of getting full caps imo. Gilmour and Johnston are probably going to be big players for us as well.

Doesn't feel that way with this u19s team.

58 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I can reel off about five or six guys in the u21s who I have heard about since they were 18 that I am sure will get full caps whereas this group I am not so sure about any. The u21s have gilmour, hornby, Johnston, porteous, Middleton and mclennan. Those guys I reckon are easily capable of getting full caps imo. Gilmour and Johnston are probably going to be big players for us as well.

McPake and Leonard have a lot of promise. Plus loads of these players are 18 and now you’re hearing about them.

Edited by er yir macaroon

I've never seen an u19 match as bad blooded as this one. There was pushing and shoving at the end of thd match.

Tempered flared as they went up the tunnel.

The Andorrans were hatchet-men for the entire match. They were lucky only to get one red card.

McPake, Leonard and Kennedy were the stand outs.

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

15 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

I've never seen an u19 match as bad blooded as this one. There was pushing and shoving at the end of thd match.

Tempered flared as they went up the tunnel.

The Andorrans were hatchet-men for the entire match. They were lucky only to get one red card.

McPake, Leonard and Kennedy were the stand outs.

Said from the start. Dirty bastards and the ref let them away with it. We have an important match Tuesday against Germany, so we had to keep a cool head. Ref bottled it..  Good 3 points though.. Job done..

23 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

McPake and Leonard have a lot of promise. Plus loads of these players are 18 and now you’re hearing about them.

Yeh tbf that could be true, I also feel that we have a really good batch(by our standards) of players in the u21s and maybe it's unfair to expect quite the same of other age levels.

21 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Said from the start. Dirty bastards and the ref let them away with it. We have an important match Tuesday against Germany, so we had to keep a cool head. Ref bottled it..  Good 3 points though.. Job done..

They should've had at least three red-carded.

It's hard to gauge players when they're playing against a team who spends the whole match with eleven men behind the ball.

It'll be interesting to see what happens on Tursday.

18 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

They should've had at least three red-carded.

It's hard to gauge players when they're playing against a team who spends the whole match with eleven men behind the ball.

It'll be interesting to see what happens on Tursday.

Agreed mate. 

You could actually hear Stark telling a few of the boys to cool it....especially Mebude.

You’ve got to remember a few of these boys were still playing u17 football up until a few months ago.

Kai Kennedy was the stand out for me. It wasn’t his best game but Dean Campbell is a very tidy player as well who is already getting a lot of first team exposure.

2 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Two of the players you pick out for the 21s also qualify for the 19s so it's worth bearing that in mind. 

1 hour ago, bazmidd said:

How did the big centre half Jamie Hamilton play, I thought he looked quite a promising ball playing centre half in the first game until he fecked it for a Belarus goal. Hope it didn't knock his confidence much

Quality bit of composure for the goal. They are encouraged to play out from the back at that level....sometimes they overplay and make mistakes though...couple of times that happened today as well.

Very good prospect and a leader from what I’ve heard. Another that has another year at this age group. Unfortunately for him, there is two other centre halves coming through that are even more promising.

Edited by SWMM82