Your Stance with Steve Clarke? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Your Stance with Steve Clarke?

Guest ElChris04

Your stance on Steve Clarke?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one :

• Sack him, nothing has changed,
    • Keep him, he’s not the problem
    • Undecided

Guest ElChris04

Some may say it’s too early and all that, but 5 matches in I can’t help but feel Steve Clarke isn’t the man to take us forward, do I want him sacked? I’m completely Undecided. It’s 5 matches at the end of the day but even then you’d hope to see improvement. But we’ve totally hopeless for the most part and the players need to take responsibility aswell with a lot looking like they couldn’t care less. but Thought I’d make this poll to see what others are currently thinking since it’s really dividing the fanbase on social media with ones wanting rid of Clarke while others in agreement the shower of players are the problem and the others holding the SFA accountable. 

It’s a horrible situation. He’s had no time and hard opponents but we do arguably look worse than we have ever done.

If we sacked him the SFA would just look around from a limited pool of cheap Scottish managers. There is no single Scottish manger who I would say would make a massive difference and I still think they feel burnt by Vogts to consider a foreigner.

Im probably undecided but I’m actually more in the camp of no longer really caring what they do.

Just now, thplinth said:

Like you did McLeish? All the vile nasty alky chats wasn't it?

Give it a few years and it will all come out. It reflects more badly on the SFA for employing him than it does McLeish.

They also gave McFadden a job to save him from bankruptcy.

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

In your totally unqualified and self appointed judge role?

McLeish an alky bastard, Clarke a good guy who deserves second chances because the great you can see things in them we all miss... 

7.5 on the patented "thplinth rage scale" tonight.

As I say the horrible truth will all come out in a few years. If you want an apology, then go and whistle for one.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

As soon as we didn't get Michael O'Neill we should have said sorry Gordon we didn't mean it.

After McLeish we should have begged him to come back.

As for Clarke we are stuck with him until the end of his contract.

Said on another thread that we'd have gotten him if a) the SFA had agreed to his demands for more top down control over the national team (including the youths) and b) they hadn't ran to the newspapers arrogantly boasting that it was a done deal.

It's grim folks, its really grim, but this sack the manager has to stop.

How many scotland players would get in the Russia team? 1

What makes us think there's anyone out there, let alone someone who'd take the job that could turn it around? It's madness.

We need continuity. A wee stat for you all. From Russia's starting 11 tonight, the number who have started the previous 6 qualifiers are 7, 9, 8, 9, 10, 8. Same stat for us 4, 3, 6, 4, 6, 5.

Our main issues are lack of quality in key areas and lack of continuity. Another managerial change will not fix this.

Maybe we wait until the guy has all his first-choice defenders available instead of trying to patch together a backline from what would normally be 4th or 5th choices in an already shallow talent pool. Once the defence is sorted we might like to take into consideration that he's got absolutely fck all to work with up the other end of the pitch. He's a coach not a fkin voodoo practitioner!

We have the makings of a decent midfield. Not a top class one, just decent. However, when they've got to worry about what's happening behind them as well as having nothing to aim at in front of them, well...

He needs time ffs, look at Sir Alex and Michael O'Neill when they took over, both had pretty poo starts, in fact, SAF was very close to the sack. 

Changing managers after every campaign is stupid, it changes nothing.  Its the players that need dropped, some completely dropped. 

However, if we don't qualify, I reckon he will resign. 

6 hours ago, daviebee said:

Maybe we wait until the guy has all his first-choice defenders available instead of trying to patch together a backline from what would normally be 4th or 5th choices in an already shallow talent pool. 

Ehh?

OK, I’m going to take Robertson out here as he is an obvious starter but what 8 centre backs, not available, and 4 better right backs are we missing please?