Russia V Scotland - Match Thread - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Russia V Scotland - Match Thread

vanderark14

1 minute ago, JECK said:

Probably the worst 4 fixtures we've ever had.😧

To be fair, those were our two biggest opponents in the group , home and away. 

Not meant to be an excuse, for any one poor game, or even all four games, but just the fact they happen to be in a row. 

But still tough on the long suffering supporter to stomach. 

Just now, Hertsscot said:

I see N.Ireland are still 0-0 in the Netherlands with only quarter of an hour left.  Are the Dutch so much worse than Russia, are our players so much worse than the Northern Irish?

Okay Bino's got ahead of me and I've just seen the latest score.  Kind of makes the point.

1 minute ago, WCTA said:

No it wisnae. We have been woefully getting leathered from the kick off.

I think the 'relatively' was important there. We need to get to a situation where we are hard to beat. To that end the first 60 minutes were relatively ok. To that point they had had 1 shot on target. Yes we didn't look like scoring, but not shipping 3+ goals very time we play has to be our priority.

1 minute ago, mentalist said:

If watching this shite wasn't bad enough we also have to listen to Crocker doing his old trick of repeating the same facts over and over again. 

This is only my third competitive away game in 11 years I’ve missed and I’ve always wondered why people kept moaning about Crocker. 

I get it now 😡

2 minutes ago, mentalist said:

If watching this shite wasn't bad enough we also have to listen to Crocker doing his old trick of repeating the same facts over and over again. 

Yep now doing his "same old story for sorry Scotand" etc routine, over and over....

3 minutes ago, flicktokick said:

I think the 'relatively' was important there. We need to get to a situation where we are hard to beat. To that end the first 60 minutes were relatively ok. To that point they had had 1 shot on target. Yes we didn't look like scoring, but not shipping 3+ goals very time we play has to be our priority.

Believe me the 'relatively' is very important!

Cyprus away now becomes more interesting, a defeat and you'd have to say that would be it for Clarke? Due to the nature of these collapes against these allbeit better teams. We're a shadow of the Strachan side.

Edited by JECK