Russia V Scotland - Match Thread - Page 13 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Russia V Scotland - Match Thread

vanderark14

1 hour ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Yes.

Before now we've produced players like Craig Gordon, Barry Ferguson, Scott Brown, Darren Fletcher, Hutton, McFadden Boyd, etc.

The "results" being the players, if you didnt understand that.

Ferguson, Brown and Fletcher were leaders on the park. They wouldn't let their teammates lie down without goi g right through them. 

We have absolutely nobody like that just now. No leaders at all and it's horribly evident every time we concede. 

10 hours ago, macy37 said:

100%. We are backwards in everything we do from training methods, diet to picking our head coaches. Fuck me Peter cunting Grant got a gig as did McFadden!!!

I don't know enough McFadden but I can understand him being involved, he always had a gallus streak and its that attitude that has been missing.  Little bit like when McCoist was brought in, he  may not be the best coach in the world but chirpy, positive, make it an upbeat experience to be around the Scotland camp.

7 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I don't know enough McFadden but I can understand him being involved, he always had a gallus streak and its that attitude that has been missing.  Little bit like when McCoist was brought in, he  may not be the best coach in the world but chirpy, positive, make it an upbeat experience to be around the Scotland camp.

McFadden was going bankrupt (google it) and the SFA gave him a job so he could save his hoose.

He stood there with his thumb up his arse at every game and couldn't put two words together when interviewed. He should never have been employed by the SFA.

On 10/11/2019 at 10:31 AM, albathebrave said:

He wasn’t a decent option he was the best option out of mince

There are not many ppl who will take the job so I don't understand what you are expecting. Do you think we have a chance of a top manager taking the job. Clarke was one of the better options available and most on here were happy that the SFA appointed him. No point greeting that he wasn't the right choice with the benefit of hindsight. 

On 10/11/2019 at 10:31 AM, albathebrave said:

He wasn’t a decent option he was the best option out of mince

There are not many ppl who will take the job so I don't understand what you are expecting. Do you think we have a chance of a top manager taking the job. Clarke was one of the better options available and most on here were happy that the SFA appointed him. No point greeting that he wasn't the right choice with the benefit of hindsight. 

Been following  Scotland since the 1970s and never have I seen it so bad, no leaders on the pitch and no fighting spirit. I stopped watching at 2-0 down against Russia, which is something I have never done. Cannot keep sacking or blaming managers, although the manager has got to get the players confidence back. We were always going to concede against Russia the way we were sitting back. I am at a loss as to how the other home nations are getting decent results and when they lose at least they have had a go at teams yet we just sit back and take it. Robertson just not inspire me as a captain although at the moment it would hard to pick another one

Edited by robbo cop

On 10/12/2019 at 12:45 PM, mccaughey85 said:

I didnt require hindsight I knew he would be a failure last five games 14 against 2 for they said he would make us hard to beat!

Edited by albathebrave

On 10/10/2019 at 10:30 PM, Farcity said:

You drive past fields full of people playing cricket most nights in October? In Scotland? 

You really don't. 

Read the post properly.   I drive by Glasgow High School and around 15.30 to 16.30 most nights they are playing cricket and rugby no football whatsoever.  Also I  have many friends who are teachers in the east end of Glasgow they say football is dying. Parents are not encouraging their children and staff not interested in promoting football.  SFA get funding from Scottish Government it goes to established football clubs.  Scottish Rugby have the same payments it goes to grass roots development.  Farcity you talk utter shyte.

6 hours ago, bigfathagiz said:

Read the post properly.   I drive by Glasgow High School and around 15.30 to 16.30 most nights they are playing cricket and rugby no football whatsoever.  Also I  have many friends who are teachers in the east end of Glasgow they say football is dying. Parents are not encouraging their children and staff not interested in promoting football.  SFA get funding from Scottish Government it goes to established football clubs.  Scottish Rugby have the same payments it goes to grass roots development.  Farcity you talk utter shyte.

Pretty comfortable with my interpretation. 

23 minutes ago, daviebee said:

I was more thinking about the fact he was off at half-time!

heh fair. But the set pieces were sorted ahead of the game. So it'd be the plan at the start of the match which matters. Part of being a manager is communicating the changes to set piece setups due to your substitutions. In that case you'd put Snoddy back there once Burke went off, as he's the only guy threatening to be almost tall. Everyone else is 5'10" and under afaik.

To go 180 minutes saying "Mulgrew, handle the big guy" and expect everything to be rosey is naive. We have 11 on the pitch, and we should be defending as a team, not as individuals.