Russia V Scotland - Match Thread - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Russia V Scotland - Match Thread

vanderark14

2 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Aye ..................... in 2007 when McLeish resigned.

In 2019 when McLeish was sacked, very few.

KK has been out of football for years which explains why no cunt wanted him in you clown. You’re one of these happy clappers aren’t you? Bet you were in faro. 

Guest ElChris04
1 minute ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Definitely not Steve Clarke. It's not the players, either.

The blame for this mess lays with the SFA and all Scottish professional clubs. Gassroots have been neglected for too long. The first signs came in the early 90's when "The night a team died" against Portugal. There was no reaction from the SFA or the clubs then and we're only now seeing the results.

I’ll be honest, Steve Clarke has been extremely frustrating. I genuinely couldn’t tell what type of tactics we where hoping to achieve. Although with Regards to the SFA. My stance on them has only been the same. The cancer of Scottish football who are consistently sending this country’s football into the mud. Rotten to the core indeed who have put money before growth for 25 years. I do feel bad for Clarke like I say do I feel he’s the man to take us forward? Honestly I don’t know. But I agree the main root of the problem is the SFA who will do nothing to take this country out the pit it’s currently in.

1 minute ago, ElChris04 said:

I’ll be honest, Steve Clarke has been extremely frustrating. I genuinely couldn’t tell what type of tactics we where hoping to achieve. Although with Regards to the SFA. My stance on them has only been the same. The cancer of Scottish football who are consistently sending this country’s football into the mud. Rotten to the core indeed who have put money before growth for 25 years. I do feel bad for Clarke like I say do I feel he’s the man to take us forward? Honestly I don’t know. But I agree the main root of the problem is the SFA who will do nothing to take this country out the pit it’s currently in.

This country is more interested in banning a lowly clubs kit man for gambling than investing in their game. 

4 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I watched a bit of the u21s tonight and they looked alot better than the senior team, perhaps a few would be worth promoting. 

If it were up to me, Porteous, Hornby, Gilmour and Johnstone and maybe also McCrorie would at least be in the November squad.

Need to get these guys involved soon. Fuck waiting until they are 24/25 before making their debuts.

2 minutes ago, macy37 said:

KK has been out of football for years which explains why no cunt wanted him in you clown. You’re one of these happy clappers aren’t you? Bet you were in faro. 

All I did was point out an obvious flaw in your original argument :chillpill:

The squad is mentally weak. Doesn’t matter who is in the starting 11. We were lucky first half, defended very deep and a few balls flying about our box could have led to a goal. We actually got a little bit of the ball in their half after HT, probably our best part of the match. I appreciate that’s not saying a lot. We then lose a goal and totally collapse. It happens every time. We lose a goal and just fold. I don’t know how you solve that??

1 minute ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

The squad is mentally weak. Doesn’t matter who is in the starting 11. We were lucky first half, defended very deep and a few balls flying about our box could have led to a goal. We actually got a little bit of the ball in their half after HT, probably our best part of the match. I appreciate that’s not saying a lot. We then lose a goal and totally collapse. It happens every time. We lose a goal and just fold. I don’t know how you solve that??

Give the armband to a bully?

I'm not here to talk about managers or the rotten system of development here in Scotland. They have been done to death but nothing will change because no one in football cares enough to think of the bigger picture.

I want to talk about the players tonight who once again absolutely failed to take any professional pride once we lost the opening goal. It's such a basic thing but being 1 down does not mean stopping doing the basics of the role that they are playing. See Andy Robertson fail to track his man at the third goal, supposedly our best player.

Not many passes tonight but I thought tonight was the night that should see Charlie Mulgrew phased out the team. He was absolutely awful in that second half. He's in for experience but he does not bring any fight or quality in his defending. Absolutely pointless having him in. Would rather see Findlay play.

Ultimately if players don't care enough to do their jobs, why should the fans turn up?

2 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I think that's been a problem for a number of years and at the moment it's rife obviously under Clarke. I hate to say it yet again but it just happened to a lesser extent under strachan who was able to get more from the players of a similar level.

2 minutes ago, JECK said:

I think that's been a problem for a number of years and at the moment it's rife obviously under Clarke. I hate to say it yet again but it just happened to a lesser extent under strachan who was able to get more from the players of a similar level.

Yes, I agree. We have had the odd toothless and lethargic performance and beatings over the years but it’s VERY rife at the current time and takes very little to spark them off. We are practically not laying a hand on our opponents for 90 minutes. I doubt Russia will get many easier 90 mins at home than that.

2 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Who though? I don’t think any one player changes this, bully or not.

Just play with 10 footballers and some one from the Rugby Team or better still a Maori with a Scottish grandparent.

The Hound from Game of Thrones is Scottish,chuck him on.

In a way glad we were so poor, there was a lot of players on the pitch I would hope to not have to see start for us again and if the players I wanted had turned up not many of them would.

16 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

It was 4-3-3 and the instruction to the players were "Defend with 7 players", it worked in the first half, but it doesn't matter who you are, no team can defend for 90 mins and hope to keep a clean sheet.

Couldn't agree more about the SFA. It's about time we all got on the same page about that.

To be honest, mate, put Pep Guardiola in charge and we'd still be a shambles. There is no "going forward", there's just more going back.

45 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Sorry but that's bullshit, Clarke was a decent option given the fact not many ppl want the job and Clarke had done a decent job with west brom and killie. It had nothing to with him having no connection to the Huns either.

Clarke got the job because the sfa couldn’t be arsed doing a thorough investigation into what managers in world football were available, so they settled for the tried and tested method of picking a Scottish manager, a formula that has failed year after year. 

47 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

If it were up to me, Porteous, Hornby, Gilmour and Johnstone and maybe also McCrorie would at least be in the November squad.

Need to get these guys involved soon. Fuck waiting until they are 24/25 before making their debuts.

Yes to all of them. And probably a couple of others.

We can’t get any less inspiring or easier to beat, so let’s go with youth and give the fans something to be hopeful for atleast. 

Just now, tjm007 said:

Someone who is better.

Clarke couldn’t inspire a sloth to sit in a tree.

He’s an embarrassment.

He's seen Forrest for what he is, that's proof he is willing to learn and not just play any old shite because they play for Celtic. McGregor next hopefully. Absolutely shite. 

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Such as ?

At least be bothered to name a couple of replacements if your going to make that argument.

We are worse than under Eck.

and Strachan.

Id start with MON and tempt him away from Norn.