Russia V Scotland - Match Thread - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Russia V Scotland - Match Thread

vanderark14

Guest ElChris04

What’s the problem?

Steve Clarke?

the players lacking ambition or care?

the SFA?

all I know is today’s match is the final straw for me, I’ve accepted we won’t be qualifying for Euro 2020 or anything with the way we are playing. Heartless. Gutless. And totally hopeless for 90 minutes.

Clarke is as good as we'll get. Agree there are deeper problems here. The SFA is rotten to the core, the systems aren't working and nobody wants to change them for fear of upsetting the clubs seen by the bosses as important. Both of them.

And while it goes on, the fans see the national side as a joke (especially many from said two clubs) and the problems go on reproducing themselves.

On the bright side, should be even more peaceful at Hampden on Sunday. Might go early, take my laptop and get some work done...

Just now, macy37 said:

What the fuck has King Kenny got to do with this cunt?

Well, you did say "What to people expect when we appoint managers that have achieved fuck all? "

I pointed out that Dalglish is someone who has achieved quite a bit as a manager but few of us wanted him.

1 minute ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Clarke is as good as we'll get. Agree there are deeper problems here. The SFA is rotten to the core, the systems aren't working and nobody wants to change them for fear of upsetting the clubs seen by the bosses as important. Both of them.

And while it goes on, the fans see the national side as a joke (especially many from said two clubs) and the problems go on reproducing themselves.

On the bright side, should be even more peaceful at Hampden on Sunday. Might go early, take my laptop and get some work done...

Better Take a pillow as well mate, you will need it.

27 minutes ago, bigfathagiz said:

However we dont have the players....I drive by Glasgow High School most nights and their pitches are full of young fit guys playing feckin cricket and rugby  not a football pitch in sight that is the future of Scotlands sport.

You drive past fields full of people playing cricket most nights in October? In Scotland? 

You really don't. 

1 minute ago, Jim Beem said:

Mulgrew is howling, a total liability for us and always has been. Burkes inability to lift his head at this level is quite astonishing. He’s like a runaway lawnmower. 

Aye, Mulgrew for me was the worst out of the lot. Utterly appalling schoolboy stuff from him.

1 minute ago, Jim Beem said:

Mulgrew is howling, a total liability for us and always has been. Burkes inability to lift his head at this level is quite astonishing. He’s like a runaway lawnmower. 

If it were me, I'd put McKenna and Porteous together for the two November matches.

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

I would happy see porteous fast tracked into the side, can't be any worse than what we have.

Of course, I'm not saying he is the solution but to me the lad looks like he has a bit of fire and fight in him which I like.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

5 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Well, you did say "What to people expect when we appoint managers that have achieved fuck all? "

I pointed out that Dalglish is someone who has achieved quite a bit as a manager but few of us wanted him.

There was plenty wanted KK back in the day. The point remains Clarke is a footballing nobody in terms of achievement yet Wanks on here demanded he was the one. Mostly because he had no connection to the Huns. 

Just now, macy37 said:

There was plenty wanted KK back in the day. The point remains Clarke is a footballing nobody in terms of achievement yet Wanks on here demanded he was the one. Mostly because he had no connection to the Huns. 

Aye ..................... in 2007 when McLeish resigned.

In 2019 when McLeish was sacked, very few.

6 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

What’s the problem?

Steve Clarke?

the players lacking ambition or care?

the SFA?

all I know is today’s match is the final straw for me, I’ve accepted we won’t be qualifying for Euro 2020 or anything with the way we are playing. Heartless. Gutless. And totally hopeless for 90 minutes.

Definitely not Steve Clarke. It's not the players, either.

The blame for this mess lays with the SFA and all Scottish professional clubs. Gassroots have been neglected for too long. The first signs came in the early 90's when "The night a team died" against Portugal. There was no reaction from the SFA or the clubs then and we're only now seeing the results.

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Of course, I'm not saying he is the solution but to me the lad looks like he has a bit of fire and fight in him which I like.

Yip, we need a couple of arseholes in our side and he seems to have a bit of that. We meekly accept defeat, I want to see angry, bad tempered bastards who, if they are going down, will go down with a fight and leave their mark on the opposition.  

Does feel the players who actually turn up just go through the motions now.

Turn up for national team that dosen't achieve anything other than negativity and it's probably seen as inconveince before they go back to their successful club teams.

If you look back last 2 seasons likes of Robertson and Fleck had played in teams that win majority of their games so mentality must take a knock coming to join the national team where it's simply not the same feeling.

Said before but Scotland is in similar place to where Wales were a decade ago. Decent smattering of premier league players but were usually finishing 4th-5th in groups (even with Bale and Ramsey), plenty of call offs each squad and their managerial appointments weren't great.

Gary Speed started to change the culture around the team and just over five years later they made an international tournament.

There is no quick fix really, just hope Clarke can change the mentality at least.

Edit: Dread to think of the crowd for Sunday. 10k?

Edited by Tartan Chris

1 minute ago, macy37 said:

Sorry but that's bullshit, Clarke was a decent option given the fact not many ppl want the job and Clarke had done a decent job with west brom and killie. It had nothing to with him having no connection to the Huns either.