Russia V Scotland - Match Thread - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Russia V Scotland - Match Thread

vanderark14

Just now, macy37 said:

What to people expect when we appoint managers that have achieved fuck all? The height of Clarke’s management achievements is taking Killie to 3rd in a rank rotten league full of rank rotten sides. 

Kenny Dalglish has achieved a fair bit as a manager. 

Don't recall many people calling for him to be appointed Scotland manager mind.

1 minute ago, er yir macaroon said:

Private schools don’t go in for football. 

Exactly and most state schools are doing the same, take my daughters school Douglas Academy its all Netball, Hockey and playing the french horn the guys there  dont have a football team.   I was brought up in the early 80' in Glasgows east end every school had a football team even Jordanhill and Allan Glens etc.  Football, sad to say it but its a dying sport in Scotland   

14 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I think there's probably a lot of truth in what you've said.  Most of us wanted Clarke, none of us thought it would be an overnight transformation. It's unfortunate we've come up against one of the top teams in the world and another pretty decent one.  Goodness knows what he's learnt since he's been in charge, except what a massive job he's got on his hands.

A Kilmarnock manager should be no where near the scotland job and I stick by it, hope I eat my words but I think we have no chance in the playoffs in March with him in charge!

24 minutes ago, JECK said:

Strachan made stupid mistakes at crucial moments totally, but its night and day. He also played Belgium at Hampden and got beat 2-0 but the nature of defeat was completely different to last month.  He also once took a centre half pairing of Hanley and Martin to Croatia and got a result. Theres no signs whatsoever Clarke is capable of doing any of this.

Hanley and Martin are a huge upgrade on haudit and daudit that played tonight

20 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I think there's probably a lot of truth in what you've said.  Most of us wanted Clarke, none of us thought it would be an overnight transformation. It's unfortunate we've come up against one of the top teams in the world and another pretty decent one.  Goodness knows what he's learnt since he's been in charge, except what a massive job he's got on his hands.

It’s the transition from really bad to abysmal at present that’s the concern. 

20 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

There’s a mentality problem with the players. That’s the biggest challenge. When you see a team capitulate like that it’s not about their ability, coaching or tactics. 

Our players are no world beaters but should be performing better than that. I can’t see that Clarke is to blame but it’s him that has to turn it around and get them competitive again. 

Agree 100%

and I think they fear playing at Hampden less than visiting team.

Sadly I said 4-0 and 9-0 to Belgiuand  I didn't back it as that would have been a small silver lining. We were dungg. Glad I haven't gone to any away games the last few years, don't know how folk can still justify spending their money on it. Fuck the San Marino game, Hampden will be lucky to see 15000 on Sunday. 

Edited by Kirk
Rewording

8 minutes ago, albathebrave said:

A Kilmarnock manager should be no where near the scotland job and I stick by it, hope I eat my words but I think we have no chance in the playoffs in March with him in charge!

Pish. The most succesful manager in Scotland’s history came directly from St. Johnstone. 

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Northern Ireland just took the lead in Holland with just over 10 mins left to play. Their line up toniht is significantly worse than ours & the team they are beating is significantly better than Russia.

For years we have heard about how much worse the Northern Ireland line up is, man for man, than ours. Clearly that is not the case. 

21 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

This goes far deeper than the manager or the players.

As stated in my SFA thread, this collapse has been 30 years in the making. Truth is, NO ONE who has any clout in Scottish football wants the national team to improve.

Agree. Our national team has to be highest priority and this starts with SFA.