Russia V Scotland - Match Thread - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Russia V Scotland - Match Thread

vanderark14

Not bad, the desired clean sheet for one half, in the bag. 

45 minutes ago, infamous said:

The Putin obsession lol. Doubt he will even rock up.

Believing your opponent thinks the result is a foregone conclusion is just one of those motivational things, if you're looking for straws to grasp

The problem’s the striker. Burke might make decent player one day if he ever works out how to use his attributes (from what I can see, speed and dribbling). But Scotland need someone to aim for who will not lose the ball. Sad to say, the best person would be Fletcher who seems to be unavailable. Can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m pining for someone like a Gordon Durie!!

Just now, breeks_mctavish said:

The problem’s the striker. Burke might make decent player one day if he ever works out how to use his attributes (from what I can see, speed and dribbling). But Scotland need someone to aim for who will not lose the ball. Sad to say, the best person would be Fletcher who seems to be unavailable. Can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m pining for someone like a Gordon Durie!!

We have Fraser Hornby in the U21s who we should be trying out soon.

13 minutes ago, infamous said:

We are defending quiet well. Russia had a few decent chances but they haven't been able to create as much as what I saw from the other games. 

I think we have been lucky. No clear cut chances but there has been a few “pinball” moments in our box. Defending so deep, that’s always likely to be the case. Still it’s good to see the luck go our way.... so far.

15 minutes ago, teecee- said:

Burke trying to time his jumps is comical. He eventually stopped making the effort.

Could not believe how many times he was jumping a few yards under the bye kick. Rest of his game has been solid enough though. 

1 minute ago, mrniaboc said:

Could not believe how many times he was jumping a few yards under the bye kick. Rest of his game has been solid enough though. 

Back injury? 

Come on Shankland!!