Russia V Scotland - Match Thread - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Russia V Scotland - Match Thread

vanderark14

14 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

That's us 4 points behind Cyprus now. I think we will struggle to catch them. We might need to win our last game to overtake Kazakhstan.

I doubt they will win any of their three remaining games, and I'm still hoping we will win 3 of ours, so I think we shouldn't struggle to catch them at all.

16 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

That's us 4 points behind Cyprus now. I think we will struggle to catch them. We might need to win our last game to overtake Kazakhstan.

Cyprus have to play Belgium and Russia in there last three matches, we will catch them

Can't see passed us getting a chasing tonight and losing to nil. 

As has been said the only positive is that Russia aren't that clinical in front of goal in general. 

Knowing our luck they'll hit form tonight. 🙄

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That's not what he said - unless you think they were on the training pitch for 20 mins each day.

Clarke added: “It’s been more or less an hour of coaching this week.

“It was probably 15 minutes coaching on Monday, pure coaching. Then 15-20 minutes pure coaching on Tuesday.

“Before we jumped on the plane to go to Moscow it was a 30-minute walk-through of set-plays and organisation. For me as a coach it’s not a long time to prepare a team.

This is supposedly what he was quoted. So actually, it was only 30 mins on the training pitch according to what he has said

Devlin and Fleck, news caps. What can Burke do?

"Scotland have not lost four in a row since April 2004 under Berti Vogts."

Alasdair Lamont: "President Vladimir Putin... is said to be attending the match tonight. Someone told me today he often likes to turn up when Russia are expected to be victorious!"

So, there is always something to aim for. 

On the radio... We can hear the Tartan Army!

8 minutes ago, exile said:

Devlin and Fleck, news caps. What can Burke do?

"Scotland have not lost four in a row since April 2004 under Berti Vogts."

Alasdair Lamont: "President Vladimir Putin... is said to be attending the match tonight. Someone told me today he often likes to turn up when Russia are expected to be victorious!"

So, there is always something to aim for. 

On the radio... We can hear the Tartan Army!

The Putin obsession lol. Doubt he will even rock up.