Predictions for the next two matches - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Predictions for the next two matches

The_Dark_Knight

Russia is missing a few key players (They were also missing some key players for the first game too). So we will be playing an even more weakened Russia side than the one we lost to. They are super strong at home which is why they are always at major tournaments.

Russia 0-1, a spirited performance. 
San Marino 4-0 

Historically, we've always scored at least 4 against San Marino at home, two 4-0 and one 5-0 wins.  I'll go 4-0 again

We've played Russia away once, 0-0 the result.  A 1-0 defeat and a 2-2 draw away to USSR though.  I'll say 3-1 to Russia on this one

27 minutes ago, in5omniac said:

Historically, we've always scored at least 4 against San Marino at home, two 4-0 and one 5-0 wins.  I'll go 4-0 again

We've played Russia away once, 0-0 the result.  A 1-0 defeat and a 2-2 draw away to USSR though.  I'll say 3-1 to Russia on this one

We also pumped the CIS 3-0 at Euro 92 👍🏼

2 hours ago, in5omniac said:

2-2 was the 1982 world cup right?

2 hours ago, McTeeko said:

We also pumped the CIS 3-0 at Euro 92 👍🏼

A good CIS team too, they conceded in stoppage time against Germany to draw 1-1, and drew 0-0 with the Dutch. Finished ahead of Italy in Euro 1992 qualifying too.

Wonder how much better they would have played if USSR/Russia wasn't in such turmoil back then. Would be weird playing for a country that doesn't exist and having no anthem. 

I am usually slightly on the optimistic side but having seen the Russians' form in Glasgow,  hard not to see a comfortable win, upwards of 2-0. A clean sheet in one of the halves would probably decent in the circumstances. 

(Or, says the optimist, with the pressure off, could we do a 'Croatia' away?)