Belarus U19 v Scotland U19 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Belarus U19 v Scotland U19

The_Dark_Knight

It’s not on BBC, that’s the Germany game next week. It’s on the Scotland team Twitter and YouTube channel. Watch out for Nathan Patterson at right back. Could solve a problem in a couple of years! I’m interested to see Marc Leonard play as he seems to be highly rated, as are most of them, including the subs.

57 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

It’s not on BBC, that’s the Germany game next week. It’s on the Scotland team Twitter and YouTube channel. Watch out for Nathan Patterson at right back. Could solve a problem in a couple of years! I’m interested to see Marc Leonard play as he seems to be highly rated, as are most of them, including the subs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/49932753

We need to give these players time. I have to say, though, people from some quarters are hyping them up "This generation are comfortable on the ball", etc. 

I would say that this generation don't look any better than the previous generations. But maybe it'll improve.

It would appear that even at youth levels we're sticking to 4-5-1. Strange. 

10 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

We need to give these players time. I have to say, though, people from some quarters are hyping them up "This generation are comfortable on the ball", etc. 

I would say that this generation don't look any better than the previous generations. But maybe it'll improve.

It would appear that even at youth levels we're sticking to 4-5-1. Strange. 

4-2-3-1

Freudian slip, as it frequently turns into a 4-5-1 when we use it.

8 hours ago, infamous said:

Grim result given we are hosting, but a win against Andorra and we are through to the next stage of qualifying. Hopefully this team can be the first one to qualify in 13 attempts. 

I'm not sure that is quite true.

If we beat Andorra and lose to Germany, and then Belarus do the same, it would come down to goal difference between us and Belarus.  

Hopefully we score plenty v Andorra and Germany hammer Belarus.  

1 minute ago, PASTA Mick said:

I'm not sure that is quite true.

If we beat Andorra and lose to Germany, and then Belarus do the same, it would come down to goal difference between us and Belarus.  

Hopefully we score plenty v Andorra and Germany hammer Belarus.  

Yeah I assumed we would get through on goal difference. Being home and all.