Hacking Attempt - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hacking Attempt

It would appear my email address is being used to try and hack into some of my online accounts

It started with Instagram (which i never use) - Got a notification of password reset request.

I deactivated the account

Yesterday morning i got a notification that someone tried to access my Facebook account (IP address Glasgow) - I changed password 

Last night i got a notification that someone tried to access my Gajin/War Thunder account (IP address Russia) - I changed password

This morning i got another notification from facebook that someone tried to access my account again (IP address Lisbon) - i changed password again 

Has my political activism (trolling) got me into bother ?

What the fuck do i do other than keep changing passwords ?

7 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

It would appear my email address is being used to try and hack into some of my online accounts

It started with Instagram (which i never use) - Got a notification of password reset request.

I deactivated the account

Yesterday morning i got a notification that someone tried to access my Facebook account (IP address Glasgow) - I changed password 

Last night i got a notification that someone tried to access my Gajin/War Thunder account (IP address Russia) - I changed password

This morning i got another notification from facebook that someone tried to access my account again (IP address Lisbon) - i changed password again 

Has my political activism (trolling) got me into bother ?

What the fuck do i do other than keep changing passwords ?

I have a "clean" email address i use for my accounts. Never use it apart from being the email address connected with my online gaming. Never send or receive anything from it. Never log into it or interact with it.

You could start new accounts with this new address and move over since the other one is known. Other than that i'm not sure.

It's a pest, but where possible set up two factor authentication to  something like google authenticator, steamguard etc. Once they have a "live" e-mail address they will not stop trying.

Also they may well attempt to set up accounts for services you don't have using your details  eg you have a War Thunder account - I'd bet they will have attempted to register an account to World of Tanks/Warships etc with that e-mail adress if you don't already have one.

I know this from personal experinece, as I found someone had tried that on with one of my e-mail accounts - a Thailand  IP address trying to be "me" for Fortnite (a game I wouldn't touch with a bargepole).

There also seems to be quite the trade in signing up to "unused" online accounts for gas, electric etc etc - probably in the hope that someone comes along all confused thinks they must have set it up themselves and puts in data that the fraudsters can then swoop in on as they have also set up the original "recovery"options that they (not you) have access to.

I saw something on Twitter, I think saying something like, if you'd used the #AUOBEdinburgh hashtag, you might get targeted with a DM, (whatever that is). But didn't notice a stream of shocked distressed users complaining of having been targeted.

Well they managed to hack into my FB today and post a weight loss video and tag my friends list

I have reset my password again and changed my email address

Cunts

12 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Well they managed to hack into my FB today and post a weight loss video and tag my friends list

I have reset my password again and changed my email address

Cunts

I have noticed that happening on a hoor o’ cunts FBs recently. 

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

What did you change it to?

Very droll

So with the email address they managed to hack

Instagram

War Thunder

Facebook

Microsoft/ X box

4 hours ago, WCTA said:

You deserve it for pish like War Thunder ya big tool. 😜

?

I havent played it for 2 years but keep it updated

Havent indulged in the Tanks or Ship modes either

Purely played it for air warfare and i sincerely doubt there is anything online with such realistic graphics

It's really hard too and i'm pish at it - but i have a Spitfire Mk VI

interesting Microsoft account was hacked - they are better than most at spotting  this sort of thing (Sony probably the worst) - if you ask them they can provide the IP address used to hack you (assuming they haven't given you that info already) - will almost certainly be in mainland China.