Lyndon Dykes - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lyndon Dykes

JandC

I know it’s maybe a bit premature but I’ve been really impressed with his performances against the Old Firm.

His parents are from Dumfries so it’s definitely worth keeping an eye on him as a possible selection for Scotland.  

Guest ElChris04

As a Celtic supporter, he was class today, his poaching and the ability to get behind our defence was class. 100% worth considering 

5 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Maybe we should keep this thread going week-on-week so that when a striker who qualifies to play for us scores a goal we can put them forward for a place in the Scotland squad?

Seriously though it just shows how desperate things have got for us that we are reduced to these measures.

One of our International strikers was on target in Scotland yesterday too. 

56 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Maybe we should keep this thread going week-on-week so that when a striker who qualifies to play for us scores a goal we can put them forward for a place in the Scotland squad?

Seriously though it just shows how desperate things have got for us that we are reduced to these measures.

He’s just rag-dolled the two best teams in the country which no other striker in the league has managed. 

I agree that he needs to show some consistency but he’s still young and how many pundits would’ve said Vardy would be scoring regularly in the Premier League if they’d watched him at Dykes’ age.

If Eamonn Brophy can get into the team then it shows we don’t have a great pool of quality strikers to choose from so why not keep tabs on anyone who’s available?

6 minutes ago, JandC said:

I agree that he needs to show some consistency but he’s still young and how many pundits would’ve said Vardy would be scoring regularly in the Premier League if they’d watched him at Dykes’ age.

If Eamonn Brophy can get into the team then it shows we don’t have a great pool of quality strikers to choose from so why not keep tabs on anyone who’s available?

Keeping tabs on them is one thing but calling them up for the Scotland squad for two decent performances against the Old Firm is another.

31 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And toiled to score for Queen of the South too. I'd sooner see the likes of Hornby called up.

He played as a winger for QoS as far as I know.

No issue with Hornby. I was the lone voice advocating him 2 years ago when no one else on here would acknowledge his obvious potential!

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Players can improve to be fair.

He was class in the game today anyway but to be fair that’s the first time I’ve even heard of him.

Thought he was a central striker, seems he's more of an attacking midfielder.

Would rather give Tom Cairney a proper run in that position once he gets back in the squad. 5-10 games starting so pretty much a qualification campaign.

Tony Watt had a nice period scoring v Barca but it never happened for him in the long run.

Would imagine Australia would be straight in aswell as they have a real goal shortage in their squad these days.

14 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

No issue with Hornby. I was the lone voice advocating him 2 years ago when no one else on here would acknowledge his obvious potential!

I think your memory is playing games with you here. Plenty of folk on here have rated Hornby for a long time. 

20 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

He wants to play for Australia so they are welcome to him. 

He actually says he would be proud to play for either and has dual nationality. 

Very common nowadays but some people struggle to comprehend it but we do shoot ourselves in the foot persuading English players to play for us a bit too often. 

9 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

I recall most people thinking he showed nothing at the Toulon tournament, which I pointed out was mental. 

Had your chance to put it in writing here https://www.tamb.net/forum/index.php?/topic/11997-players-we-will-never-give-up-on/#comments

You didn't and you saw the thread so mrniaboc  has bragging rights if Hornby does actually make it.