Edinburgh - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Good man. Looking forward to it. But unlike a broken pencil. There has to be a point. Guys on here over complicate things. Arguing about fiscal, monetary policy, Brexit and the list goes on with Google experts. The question is quite simple. Do we want to be run from our own country or another country? Maybe it's just my simple mind. I believe in Scotland running our own affairs. Simple.

2 hours ago, WCTA said:

Well you started the thread so you tell us?

Funny wee boy. Just getting the bus from the borders. Early start. Scotland. And then Scotland. And always Scotland Forever. Any u guys in town today give me a shout. Mates pad overlooks meadows so will end up there. Stand on.

1 hour ago, weekevie04 said:

Enjoy yourselves.

The National are saying 250k on it ; if that is correct, very impressive numbers!

I think that might be a tad optimistic.

However a guy from a Pro-union group said on Radio Clyde news that there will be ‘ the same as last year. 13k.’ 

They really are a bunch of miserable bassas. 

20 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I think that might be a tad optimistic.

However a guy from a Pro-union group said on Radio Clyde news that there will be ‘ the same as last year. 13k.’ 

They really are a bunch of miserable bassas. 

You have to love the pic on the BBC website, they have reported on the march but the pic is holyrood park with about ten people scattered across it. 

You are right, miserable bassas

6 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Funny wee boy. Just getting the bus from the borders. Early start. Scotland. And then Scotland. And always Scotland Forever. Any u guys in town today give me a shout. Mates pad overlooks meadows so will end up there. Stand on.

Aye. See how many times you can spray the word ‘borders’ around because some moron on here once said it. That’ll fool them. 🙄

12 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Some world-class journalism by the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-49932819

'They said' 😄

The Scotsman’s coverage is a carbon copy of the BBC, even quoting the same 2 attendees. 

Lazy, lazy journalism given the size of the march and the current political climate. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/news/politics/thousands-take-to-edinburgh-streets-for-biggest-scottish-independence-march-ever-1-5018395/amp

The BBC seem to think it's just local/regional news; or a big-crowdy "last item on the news" like a marathon or festival or Ed Sheeran in town.  

But the fact is that it is not just 'news where we are'; and the simple way you can tell is the fact it's covered in international news outside the UK. 

4 hours ago, WCTA said:

Aye. See how many times you can spray the word ‘borders’ around because some moron on here once said it. That’ll fool them. 🙄

Aye ok.  Started a thread about the march today and you are telling me where I stay.  What kind of saddo does that?  Sorry, just answered my own question.  Is your name Rick btw.  With a silent P?

Well I wasn't even the first to arrive at The Meadows and they were still pouring in there an hour and a half after I arrived and bear in mind it was peeing it down with rain.

Hard to gauge how many thousands were there but it is always a laugh passing a handful of yoons armed with a microphone and their faded Union Jack suits.