Play Off Date- Fixtures - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play Off Date- Fixtures

stocky

Hey im just wondering if there is an OLD FIRM date scheduled for the week before the play offs, any one know?

We need a clean weekend before this fixture.,...

Knowing the SFA . it wouldn't have been taken into consideration. 

i remember the old firm game before the England game in 99, when Lambert was injured by Aklbertz and had too pull out, i always think Lambert would have stopped Scholes scoring if he was fit,

Probably a load o Shiite, but i want o blame someone, so Albertz and the old firm is getting the blame..

Edited by stocky

9 hours ago, wanderer said:

SFA do not pick the fixtures, so out of their hands....

But anyway, Celtic at home to St Johnstone the weekend before, while Rangers are away to St Mirren.

That's nice.  What do they do this sfa lot then?    Sweet fk all??? 

UEFA website has a wee playoff simulator. https://www.uefa.com/european-qualifiers/simulator/

The Playoff teams I predicted are  (and they came out in this order)

Iceland, Bosnia Herz, Wales, Ireland,

Northern Ireland, Scotland, Norway, Serbia, 

Bulgaria, Israel, Hungary, Romania,

Georgia, North Macedonia, Kosovo, Belarus

The last four teams will most likely make up the D league's playoffs, so I can't imagine there will be many movers from that league,although Kosovo may well qualify as second in England's group (but I ended up going for the Czechs to pip them to 2nd)

Apologies, if this has been asked and I'm sure it's on the website - if I wasn't so lazy - but as with my prediction from the best seeded sides it will only be Iceland that need the playoffs - so the other 3 teams that are moved in to A´s playoffs (do they come from League B or lower ranked teams?)

Edited by weekevie04

On 10/4/2019 at 9:04 AM, wanderer said:

SFA do not pick the fixtures, so out of their hands....

But anyway, Celtic at home to St Johnstone the weekend before, while Rangers are away to St Mirren.

I’ll be over the moon if Saints fully lie doon tae them that week. 😄

7 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

UEFA website has a wee playoff simulator. https://www.uefa.com/european-qualifiers/simulator/

The Playoff teams I predicted are  (and they came out in this order)

Iceland, Bosnia Herz, Wales, Ireland,

Northern Ireland, Scotland, Norway, Serbia, 

Bulgaria, Israel, Hungary, Romania,

Georgia, North Macedonia, Kosovo, Belarus

The last four teams will most likely make up the D league's playoffs, so I can't imagine there will be many movers from that league,although Kosovo may well qualify as second in England's group (but I ended up going for the Czechs to pip them to 2nd)

Apologies, if this has been asked and I'm sure it's on the website - if I wasn't so lazy - but as with my prediction from the best seeded sides it will only be Iceland that need the playoffs - so the other 3 teams that are moved in to A´s playoffs (do they come from League B or lower ranked teams?)

Did N Ireland not start in the division above us , assume then we cant play them?

Didnt Northern Ireland get pumped in their Nations League group? They finished bottom, 0 points out of 4 games, didn't they? So surely they cannae be in the playoffs and need to finish top two? 

4 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Didnt Northern Ireland get pumped in their Nations League group? They finished bottom, 0 points out of 4 games, didn't they? So surely they cannae be in the playoffs and need to finish top two? 

If you are in League A or League B you are almost guaranteed a play off spot if you need one. It is possible for them to miss out but unlikely.

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

If you are in League A or League B you are almost guaranteed a play off spot if you need one. It is possible for them to miss out but unlikely.

At present it looks like about 4 teams from Leagues A and B will miss out on direct qualification. That could, and probably will, change. But for NI to miss out on a play off, there would need to be at least 8 other League A and B teams missing out on direct qualification. It is possible but I can't see it happening. In fact, I would bet my mortgage on it.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

At present it looks like about 4 teams from Leagues A and B will miss out on direct qualification. That could, and probably will, change. But for NI to miss out on a play off, there would need to be at least 8 other League A and B teams missing out on direct qualification. It is possible but I can't see it happening. In fact, I would bet my mortgage on it.

That is fucking mental

Oh well. Suppose we will benefit from that next time, as we move up to B, with the Ulstermen going in the other direction. 

15 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

That is fucking mental

Oh well. Suppose we will benefit from that next time, as we move up to B, with the Ulstermen going in the other direction. 

NI will be in the same leagues as us.

They have changed it around so no teams have been relegated, only promoted. 

25 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

16 teams in League A and 16 in League B? 15 in League C and 12 in League D?

Have you got a link to where you saw that?

39 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Wow, okay, I didn't realise that. 

Rather defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

NI did start in a league above us. I believe we are all in Pot/League B now for the next campaign with the new format.

Looking at the last NL. Out of the all teams that were in Group A, the only team who will probably need the playoffs will be Iceland, and possibly Switzerland- but if none of the other A teams from the Nations League e.g Netherlands, France, Germany, Belgium, Portugal, Italy, England, Spain, Croatia all qualifying directly.

So say from A it's only Iceland that 'qualify' for the playoffs - who will make up the other 3 A teams? I take it it will be teams from Group B?

B - Bosnia/Herz are struggling to qualify outright, but finished the best team in B - so they will have home advantage in the B playoff. Going down the B table - Ukraine, Sweden, Russia, Austria (all look or have a great chance of qualifying automatically) come to Wales ; let's say they don't outright qualify and a need a playoff, would they be in a B playoff or punted up to the A league?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_UEFA_Nations_League#League_A

1 hour ago, weekevie04 said:

NI did start in a league above us. I believe we are all in Pot/League B now for the next campaign with the new format.

Looking at the last NL. Out of the all teams that were in Group A, the only team who will probably need the playoffs will be Iceland, and possibly Switzerland- but if none of the other A teams from the Nations League e.g Netherlands, France, Germany, Belgium, Portugal, Italy, England, Spain, Croatia all qualifying directly.

So say from A it's only Iceland that 'qualify' for the playoffs - who will make up the other 3 A teams? I take it it will be teams from Group B?

B - Bosnia/Herz are struggling to qualify outright, but finished the best team in B - so they will have home advantage in the B playoff. Going down the B table - Ukraine, Sweden, Russia, Austria (all look or have a great chance of qualifying automatically) come to Wales ; let's say they don't outright qualify and a need a playoff, would they be in a B playoff or punted up to the A league?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_UEFA_Nations_League#League_A

This might be useful for you to mess about with - https://www.uefa.com/european-qualifiers/simulator/

If the only change to the current top 2 is the Dutch overtaking Northern Ireland, I think the play-offs would be as follows - 

• A - Switzerland v Hungary; Iceland v Israel
  • B - Bosnia v Northern Ireland; Austria v Wales
  • C - Scotland v Bulgaria; Norway v Serbia
  • D - Georgia v Belarus; North Macedonia v Kosovo
Edited by PASTA Mick

For the 2020–21 UEFA Nations League, we are in League B.

The draw for the league phase will take place on 3 March 2020.

These are the pots for League B -

• Russia, Austria, Wales, Czech Rep
  • Scotland, Norway, Serbia, Finland
  • Slovakia, Turkey, Rep of Ireland, Northern Ireland
  • Bulgaria, Israel, Hungary, Romania 

We are getting Wales, one of the Irish team and whichever one of the 4th seeds are in the best form. 

4 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

If the only change to the current top 2 is the Dutch overtaking Northern Ireland, I think the play-offs would be as follows - 

• A - Switzerland v Hungary; Iceland v Israel
  • B - Bosnia v Northern Ireland; Austria v Wales
  • C - Scotland v Bulgaria; Serbia v Norway
  • D - Georgia v Belarus; North Macedonia v Kosovo

I think that's close. One thing I found out recently is that if Bulgaria and Israel both qualify for the play offs then they do a draw to see which one of them plays Scotland and which one has to go up the Leagues. I'm sure that's a change to the original rules? I think that originally it would be the higher ranked team would stay in the League C play offs and the lower ranked team would move up the Leagues? Not sure why it was changed? Israel probably have bigger broon envelopes than Bulgaria?;)