The manager - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The manager

0Neils40yarder

20 minutes ago, Templeton_Peck said:

We dont have a goalkeeper who is international class

We dont have a centre half who is international class

We dont have right back who is international class

We dont have a striker who is international class. 

Clarke has no chance...

We have players in all those positions that are better than the ones who played today.

McLaughlin was the only one with the squad.

Guess all we can do is hope all our players turn up and Clarke works out how to play them

14 hours ago, Templeton_Peck said:

It's Scotland mate.  What do you expect. 

Are you young??  Seen us play for years?? 

16 hours ago, Templeton_Peck said:

Clarke has no chance...

We also have an alleged world class captain who is never a captain in a million years and been shite more times than has been average for us.

Just look at the side most of the goals come down.

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We also have an alleged world class captain who is never a captain in a million years and been shite more times than has been average for us.

Just look at the side most of the goals come down.

Yep. I’m beginning to wonder if we should just do a straight swap for Tierney. 

3 minutes ago, WCTA said:

I knew someone would say that. But every single player does it now. Robertson did it too. I just feel we need to try something different. 

I know it's not just him. Loads of them just don't want to play for Scotland. Even some of the players on the park have really "turned up". It looks like they are just going through the motions.

It's now over two years since Tierney played for Scotland. The last thing of note that he did in a Scotland shirt was to score a goal.............. for Israel.

Just now, Orraloon said:

It's now over two years since Tierney played for Scotland. The last thing of note that he did in a Scotland shirt was to score a goal.............. for Israel.

The absolute jizzfest over Robertson has probably had something to do with that. Not to mention obvious injuries Tierney has had. 

13 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I know it's not just him. Loads of them just don't want to play for Scotland. Even some of the players on the park have really "turned up". It looks like they are just going through the motions.

Agree with that.

Guys like McGregor etc look like they are going through the motions.

Oh for the days of Darren Fletcher. Even Barry Ferguson burst a gut when he could be arsed turning up.

22 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Sadly, I think there's a large bit of truth in that.

I know it's been said til the cows come in ; but just look at the contrast between us and Northern Ireland. Although they do have two very good defenders in Cathcart and Jones.

I believe Tierney and Arsenal asked for him to be left out so he can work on his fitness, and he wants to be back and fully-fit for the November games. So, we'll soon see if he is committed or not.

Can’t blame the manager any more. It is obviously the absolute wanks we have as players. Why anyone bothers supporting these dogs when they consistently over decades cant be bothered playing for us amazes me. Too many managers thrown under the bus for it to be the manager. It is them. Half the cunts have no interest other than having it on the footballing CV. it reflects us a nation really. 

its quite simple imo. our players arent good enough and our manager certainly isnt. coz he got kilmarnock to 3rd and done ok v celtic and rangers is laughable. same appointment as levein. we have some gd players but they do not respect the manager. main problem however as is known is we have no cbs or a cf to score goals plus now confidence is rock bottom

I don’t really think Clarke is suited to international management, sadly. 

I think he’s the type of coach that needs to work with players on a daily basis over a long period of time to get the best out of them and you can’t really do that as an international manager. 

He should be given time though. You can’t judge the guy based on two games against Belgium and two against Russia. 

Let’s see how he does over the next 3 games and the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

I don’t really think Clarke is suited to international management, sadly. 

I think he’s the type of coach that needs to work with players on a daily basis over a long period of time to get the best out of them and you can’t really do that as an international manager. 

He should be given time though. You can’t judge the guy based on two games against Belgium and two against Russia. 

Let’s see how he does over the next 3 games and the playoffs. 

He keeps talking about not having the time to work with them

I genuinely think he wants to chuck it

3 hours ago, Bino's said:

Unless he starts getting some results and/or wins both playoff matches in March he might not need to worry about chucking it. 

Why anyone would want to take the job is mind boggling. A team that on their best day is average, an atrocious qualifying record and a fan base that has blamed the managers for the past 21 years of failure. 

I'm not talking about the message board here, most here are pretty aware. 

9 hours ago, infamous said:

Why anyone would want to take the job is mind boggling. A team that on their best day is average, an atrocious qualifying record and a fan base that has blamed the managers for the past 21 years of failure. 

£££££££££££

11 hours ago, infamous said:

Managers see it as a challenge. Theyd be legends if they become the first manager in 21+ years to take Scotland to an tournament finals.

15 hours ago, Bino's said:

I've been thinking about this to as, as you say he keeps hinting at not having enough time. Walter smith, Mcleish (first stint), and Levein all cited the job not being suited to them because of the time inbetween the fixtures to long and being away from the players for to long. The only recent manager who it suited was Strachan as he he said he genuinely liked the breaks in between.  Wonder if Clarke has realised it may not be for him. (I really think this should be ironed out immediately in the interview process due to the previous managers mentioning this issue)

If our players were decent, they wouldn't need to be outsourced to an international manager to be coached. If we make it to euro 2020, he will have a long preparation time with the squad so we may not embarrass ourselves. I believe a world cups are harder to qualify for, but Euros are harder to advance,  although as that keeps expanding more "lesser capable teams" are qualifying