The manager - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The manager

0Neils40yarder

4 hours ago, WCTA said:

Utter shite. Lazy, lazy repeated shite from people happy to roll over and have their belly tickled. 
St. Johnstone’s Matty Kennedy has today been drafted into the NI squad. A squad that is full of dross like that. A squad that regularly gets better results than Scotland. 

Yeh I don't understand the negativity around our squad, ni and Iceland grind out better results with inferior squads on paper. 

46 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

If Clarke gets the chop,  we could do worse than Lawrence Shankland as player manager. Need to start thinking outside the box 👍

Clarke should borrow Jim McLean's hammer from the DUFC museum and threaten the players with it.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

19 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

If Clarke gets the chop,  we could do worse than Lawrence Shankland as player manager. Need to start thinking outside the box 👍

Shankland's hopeless outside the box 🙄

Edited by wee-toon-red

On 10/3/2019 at 10:06 AM, ElChris04 said:

That 1-0 loss to the Dutch doesn’t seem so bad now. He also played Jack right back and since then he’s the only player who’s played there who’s been remotely decent at it.

He could easily be slotted in again there

Doubt we'll see it though

1 hour ago, romanticscot said:

That's not a story I am antiquated with, but I keen to hear it :) 

If you remember way back when an irate Jim McLean was being interviewed in the tunnel by John Barnes. He then reached off camera to thump Barnes. Only, on the TAMB Robroysboy was wrongly claiming that McLean walloped him over the head with a hammer. 😂🙈

Edited by WCTA

21 hours ago, WCTA said:

If you remember way back when an irate Jim McLean was being interviewed in the tunnel by John Barnes. He then reached off camera to thump Barnes. Only, on the TAMB Robroysboy was wrongly claiming that McLean walloped him over the head with a hammer. 😂🙈

A quite epic embellishment on an already funny tale 😂

On 10/1/2019 at 4:35 PM, kumnio said:

There hasn’t been any improvement under him, which I was expecting. By no means calling for his head, but I expected better. 

He's only had 4 games and two of those were against Belgium. We also have a major central defence problem in that we don't have one and the players of limited ability that we do have in that position all appear to be injured or are seriously out of form.

I think expecting an improvement under these circumstances might be a bit optimistic. I think we can only really judge whether Clarke improves the team when he has had more or less a full campaign (including the playoffs). If he can't make us more difficult to beat and at least get to the playoff final then there will have been no improvement.

He will only be considered a success if we get to Euro 2020 or WC 2022. 

I wonder what the managers thought process was in playing Mulgrew and Devlin as a centre back pairing... 

... I can understand why he went with Mulgrew due to his relative experience, but why partner him with Devlin when both Findlay and Gallagher are clearly in better form?? 

Ryan Christie is the top scorer in the top league, not the Diddy Lawrence Shankland league, the top one, but doesn't start. 

The manager is a dick

8 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I wonder what the managers thought process was in playing Mulgrew and Devlin as a centre back pairing... 

... I can understand why he went with Mulgrew due to his relative experience, but why partner him with Devlin when both Findlay and Gallagher are clearly in better form?? 

Ryan Christie is the top scorer in the top league, not the Diddy Lawrence Shankland league, the top one, but doesn't start. 

The manager is a dick

Christie isn’t a forward. He’s the top scorer in the top team due to the fact they’re all over teams in 90% of the matches they play. Same reason Forrest and McGregor look great for Celtic but are actually utter horseshit when playing for Scotland. 

In hindsight, although Kenny Miller took a bit of a pounding for his goal ratio for Scotland, what a job he did for us for near on 10 years up there on his tod. We miss someone like him tremendously. 

13 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Christie isn’t a forward. He’s the top scorer in the top team due to the fact they’re all over teams in 90% of the matches they play. Same reason Forrest and McGregor look great for Celtic but are actually utter horseshit when playing for Scotland. 

In hindsight, although Kenny Miller took a bit of a pounding for his goal ratio for Scotland, what a job he did for us for near on 10 years up there on his tod. We miss someone like him tremendously. 

Agreed. Forrest is absolute wank and McGregor is a ghost, offers absolutely fuck all. Ever.