Starting XI for Russia - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting XI for Russia

0Neils40yarder

53 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Hahaha well obviously I'm saying whilst I understand it's not really accurate, I still choose in my head to see it as the same competition, for talking's sake.

Essentially because it is the nations league that gets you the playoff places, rather than the qualification groups. 

I'd argue it's more like saying the world cup qualifiers are the same thing as the world cup, even though really the world cup doesn't start until the opening game of the tournament. 

Definitely haha awk well, doesn't stop us coming on. More fool us, I suppose. 

It shouldn't be too difficult to sort your head oot. ;) The Nations League finished in June. Portugal won it.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

It shouldn't be too difficult to sort your head oot. ;) The Nations League finished in June. Portugal won it.

Deep down, of course, I know this. 

But in common parlance the March playoffs are the 'playoffs through that nations league hing'... 😜

What we can say is that at least the teams we will be facing in the playoffs secured via the nations league will be teams from the same Nations League pool as us. 

And it's these games we should be looking to build towards. when considering starting lineups for tomorrow. 

I might be completely making this up but I seem to remember a couple of games we did ok with Snodgrass up front as a lone striker.  I wouldn't be against giving Palmer another shot at RB but BBC don't have him in the squad options

Team V Russia.JPG

Edited by kwhitelaw

46 minutes ago, kwhitelaw said:

I might be completely making this up but I seem to remember a couple of games we did ok with Snodgrass up front as a lone striker.  I wouldn't be against giving Palmer another shot at RB but BBC don't have him in the squad options

Team V Russia.JPG

McTominay is suspended unfortunately.