Starting XI for Russia - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting XI for Russia

0Neils40yarder

Plenty I disagree on in terms of the squad that the man in charge has picked, but from what he has picked, I'd go with... 

Marshall

A back 4 of, 

Jack... Cooper... Hanley... Robertson

McGinn and McTominay 

With Forrest, Christie and Fraser ahead

And McBurnie up top. 

Jack has played at right back numerous times and is a far better player than that dick fae Killie. 

Central defence is the hardest to work out, as all 4 centre backs picked are pretty much shite. Devlins inclusion is a bit baffling so I've ruled him out, while I've never like Mulgrew, which leaves Cooper and Hanley. 

The rest of the team pretty much picks itself for me, with guys in form (Forrest apart probably). 

41 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Plenty I disagree on in terms of the squad that the man in charge has picked, but from what he has picked, I'd go with... 

Marshall

A back 4 of, 

McGinn and McTominay 

And McBurnie up top. 

Jack has played at right back numerous times and is a far better player than that dick fae Killie. 

Central defence is the hardest to work out, as all 4 centre backs picked are pretty much shite. Devlins inclusion is a bit baffling so I've ruled him out, while I've never like Mulgrew, which leaves Cooper and Hanley. 

The rest of the team pretty much picks itself for me, with guys in form (Forrest apart probably). 

You’ve got Cooper and Hanley the wrong way round. Hanley is right footed and did a turn on the left when Russell Martin was in the team. 

3 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Marshall

A back 4 of, 

McGinn and McTominay 

And McBurnie up top. 

What did odonnell do to deserve being called a dick?

Marshall

O"Donnell Devlin Mulgrew Robertson

Jack McLean

Forrest Christie Fraser

Shankland

Defence is absolutely chronic, as is attack. O'Donnell isn't good enough, but he looks better than Palmer for me, and Cooper and Hanley are absolute pish, so anyone but them. Up front, fuck it, give him a try.

1 hour ago, noctonjock said:

Marshall 

Jack   Hanley   Cooper   Robertson 

Snodgrass  Mcginn McLean  Fraser 

Christie 

Burke

I'd go for that but would be happy to have fleck instead of mclean. 

Guest ElChris04

Marshall 

Jack-Hanley-Cooper-Robertson 

McTominay (Fleck If suspended) - McGinn

Forrest-Christie-Fraser 

Shankland 

Jack was solid at right back against the Dutch. Can’t be any worse than SOD. Shankland warrants a start for me, can’t think of a better game then San Marino. 

Marshall

jack McTom Cooper Robbo

Snoddy McGinn Fleck Fraser

Christie

McBurnie

It was thought that McTom would end up at CH at United and we need to try something new. If suspended then Hanley. Fleck for more aggression. Christies drive.

8 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Marshall

A back 4 of, 

McGinn and McTominay 

And McBurnie up top. 

Quite like that team. Fleck for me could start instead of McLean.

McBurnie is murder but who else is there.

We are pish but that’s the best pish we can put out 

12 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

What did odonnell do to deserve being called a dick?

Yeah, some of the language towards him disturbs me. Kinda re-emphasises the fact there are an increasing number of knobs now following Scotland. 

8 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Quite like that team. Fleck for me could start instead of McLean.

McBurnie is murder but who else is there.

We are pish but that’s the best pish we can put out 

I'd play Snodgrass before Forrest but otherwise I agree with you.

Would never again put Forrest in against a half decent side. He has never done anything ever. He hides. Snodgrass at the very very least brings a bit of character, good set pieces and never hides. Forrest literally brings nothing against every single half decent side we've played. He hides in the big games against decent sides. My judgement on him was clouded for a while with that hat trick against those absolute diddys in the Nations League, but it has been the usual with him ever since. 

13 hours ago, bazmidd said:

Would never again put Forrest in against a half decent side. He has never done anything ever. He hides. Snodgrass at the very very least brings a bit of character, good set pieces and never hides. Forrest literally brings nothing against every single half decent side we've played. He hides in the big games against decent sides. My judgement on him was clouded for a while with that hat trick against those absolute diddys in the Nations League, but it has been the usual with him ever since. 

I think most of us were the same, we thought Forrest had finally arrived for Scotland but its was a blip. 2 great games in almost 30 caps is not a good return