Shankland Call Up? - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Shankland Call Up?

Guest ElChris04

Should Shankland be Called Up For The Next Set Of Games?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one :

• Aye, Worth The Punt Now
    • Naw, Not Convinced

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Anyone who watched Tierney in the Carabao Cup game last week would have seen that he is nowhere near fully fit.

Although he got up and down the line well, he was clearly blowing out of his arse after 65 minutes, hence his removal soon afterwards.

Away with yer realism you muppet!

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Anyone who watched Tierney in the Carabao Cup game last week would have seen that he is nowhere near fully fit.

Although he got up and down the line well, he was clearly blowing out of his arse after 65 minutes, hence his removal soon afterwards.

I was thinking the exact same thing while I was reading the thread.  He was out on his feet. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

It will be interesting to see if he plays the full 90 tomorrow and if he plays on Saturday

if his fitness is anything like last week, I will be stunned if he lasts 90 mins on Thursday and I would say there is next to no chance he starts on Sunday.  Cant go from playing 75 mins in 6 months to playing two games in a week.

Not saying he is or isn't committed to playing for Scotland, but what I saw from him last week and the fact the Arsenal medical staff told Emery that he couldn't travel to Utd on Monday to sit on the bench, shows he is nowhere near fit as he needs to be.  If that is the case, then what is the point of him travelling to Russia?  He is better off being monitored by the Arsenal medical staff to ensure his rehabilitation is managed properly. 

26 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

You are second guessing medical experts who see the player day in day out. Your opinion must be formed from you thinking you know better than them.

Do you always take the opinion of others at face value? thats very naive. These medical experts and Arsenal will only think of Arsenal, not Scotland. If they can get away with it they would have every player wrapped in cotton wool whilst the internationals were being played. 

Edited by vanderark14

2 minutes ago, Beauvais tartan army said:

I was thinking the exact same thing while I was reading the thread.  He was out on his feet. 

if his fitness is anything like last week, I will be stunned if he lasts 90 mins on Thursday and I would say there is next to no chance he starts on Sunday.  Cant go from playing 75 mins in 6 months to playing two games in a week.

Not saying he is or isn't committed to playing for Scotland, but what I saw from him last week and the fact the Arsenal medical staff told Emery that he couldn't travel to Utd on Monday to sit on the bench, shows he is nowhere near fit as he needs to be.  If that is the case, then what is the point of him travelling to Russia?  He is better off being monitored by the Arsenal medical staff to ensure his rehabilitation is managed properly. 

We will see what he is like tomorrow if he plays and then see whether he makes the arsenal team at the weekend. There's nothing wrong with questioning the commitment of a player who can play for his club tomorrow but not scotland next week, in fact its perfectly reasonable

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

We will see what he is like tomorrow if he plays and then see whether he makes the arsenal team at the weekend. There's nothing wrong with questioning the commitment of a player who can play for his club tomorrow but not scotland next week, in fact its perfectly reasonable

Well there is , when it’s one of the better players and he isn’t fit enough for 2 games a week.....hopefully we get the best out of him in games that matter, i.e play offs

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Do you always take the opinion of others at face value? thats very naive. These medical experts and Arsenal will only think of Arsenal, not Scotland. If they can get away with it they would have every player wrapped in cotton wool whilst the internationals were being played. 

Of experts? Yes, usually. If I have some evidence myself, such as 75 mins of football in 5 months, knowing a player has a disrupted pre-season, I tend to then put the two together and think that what they are telling me/us is the truth.

Do you always feel the need to doubt what’s staring you in the face? That’s very silly. 

24 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

You swear a lot and sound like you have anger issues.

Nope, none at all, I’m actually a placid person. I just have a low tolerance for arseholes like yourself. I tend to ignore the pish you spout on here but from time to time you out-stupid even your normal levels of dumbness so at points like that it’s only fair to make you aware of it. Now that I have done so I can get back to ignoring you again.  

12 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Nope, none at all, I’m actually a placid person. I just have a low tolerance for arseholes like yourself. I tend to ignore the pish you spout on here but from time to time you out-stupid even your normal levels of dumbness so at points like that it’s only fair to make you aware of it. Now that I have done so I can get back to ignoring you again.  

You also use a swearword in almost all of your replies to anyone, sometimes more than one. 

It’s a clear sign of very low intelligence which is blatantly obvious but a shame because there’s probably nothing you can do about it, sorry about that. 

Feel free to go back to Ignoring me 😁

51 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Of experts? Yes, usually. If I have some evidence myself, such as 75 mins of football in 5 months, knowing a player has a disrupted pre-season, I tend to then put the two together and think that what they are telling me/us is the truth.

Do you always feel the need to doubt what’s staring you in the face? That’s very silly. 

We will have to agree to disagree

i dont feel the need to question everything but it’s healthy to do so sometimes instead of believing everything people say even if they are supposed to be experts.

time will tell whether Tierney is committed or not, I’ve not even said I believe he isn’t committed.

9 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

The fact that Arsenal didn't even have him on the bench v Man Utd is a massive indicator to me. Arsenal are, quite rightly, trying to manage someone back to full match fitness who has had an op and lack of proper pre-season. Again, they have to be regarded as the experts on these decisions because they see him every single day at training. He may have a specific training routine at the moment, they may do something extra with him after normal training.....no one knows. Or certainly none of the experts on here know, thats for sure.

Why do you doubt he has put up much resistance if Arsenal were the ones making this request? Just wondering, you must have some reason for thinking that.

SBMFC has picked out some relevant points - Arsenal are playing him in games that are not as important to them - Carabao Cup and Europa League. If they feel he isn't ready for PL football then he probably isn't ready for International football. He also, again, quite rightly says that Celtic managed his injury problems poorly last season. Its obvious, now, that he needed an op long before he had one. He was nowhere near the player last season, certainly the second half, that he had been previously.

In summary, and you admit yourself, most of the "experts" on here are basing their decision on their frustrations around the current Scotland form and letting their heart rule their head. No one is looking at the logic of wanting to include someone who has, at this moment, played 75 minutes of football since May, in a double header when they are away from their club medical experts for 10 days. That's nuts!

I doubt he has put up much resistance as pressure will have been put on him by Arsenal. He will clearly be reluctant to play if his new club are against it, I do realise they are the ones paying his wages.  I am not criticising Tierney's commitment to Scotland in general, but I do think he may see these particular games as a dead rubber,  and not that Scotland need to gain as many points as they can . Which again I can begrudgingly accept. However, had we been playing these games with the chance of gaining second place in the group I think he may have been in the squad and this is why I feel some scepticism. Sadly we will never know. 

Sbcmfc  did make good points . However because he is the type of  reasonable and balanced person we should all aspire to be ( 😡 ,  he also recognises why some people may not be convinced , despite the fact he is giving Tierney the benefit of the doubt. 

At the end of the day we all want the same thing and if he needs the extra time then we just have to do the best we can without him for the time being. 

17 hours ago, ProudScot said:

You also use a swearword in almost all of your replies to anyone, sometimes more than one. 

It’s a clear sign of very low intelligence which is blatantly obvious but a shame because there’s probably nothing you can do about it, sorry about that. 

That's fucking pish.

14 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Sbcmfc  did make good points . However because he is the type of  reasonable and balanced person we should all aspire to be ( 😡 ,  he also recognises why some people may not be convinced , despite the fact he is giving Tierney the benefit of the doubt. 

I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt on this occasion, but the jury is very much out on him with me, as he’s already had some questionable call offs in my opinion.

If this was the first tine he’d not been available for Scotland it wouldn’t be mentioned.

and thanks! 😂

44 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt on this occasion, but the jury is very much out on him with me, as he’s already had some questionable call offs in my opinion.

If this was the first tine he’d not been available for Scotland it wouldn’t be mentioned.

and thanks! 😂

🙂 you are welcome.  That said,  the bar is set pretty low on here 🙄

I am a bit irritable at the moment as I am getting a teeth aligner to sort my squinty tooth. You cant eat with it in and I am concerned it will play havoc with my monster munch consumption.

On 10/2/2019 at 1:26 PM, ProudScot said:

Feel free to go back to Ignoring me 😁

Whit a heap of fucking bollocks. 😂