Shankland Call Up? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Shankland Call Up?

Guest ElChris04

Should Shankland be Called Up For The Next Set Of Games?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one :

• Aye, Worth The Punt Now
    • Naw, Not Convinced

This poll is closed to new votes

Get him called up. We've got to use these games as warm ups and test a few for the Playoffs. 

Yes, he's playing in a shady league etc, and he didn't 'make it' at Aberdeen ; but Harry Kane was terrible on loan at Millwall and Leeds early in his career. 

Get him in the squad, and Clarke etc will see if he's good enough in training etc. 

We need a goal scorer. Yes, it might be too high a level but only way we'll know is by giving him a go.

😂 If you had told me 3 seasons ago when on loan at Morton, Lawrence Shankland would be getting called up to the Scotland squad I'd have laughed uncontrollably in your face.  Fair play to the lad for turning his career right around!  Would have been so easy for him to go the other way!

Guest ElChris04

So Shankland has been called up!

Brilliant news, extremely happy with this.It shows Clarke will give players a chance of there doing everything they can at club level regardless of the league. Exactly why I made this thread yesterday, As I mentioned McGinn had the same path so why shouldn’t Shankland not be allowed the same? Simple he should and it’s exactly why he’s been called up. Hopefully now we’ll see the same blue print with Him like McGinn had. 

People always seem to forget that McGinn had 3 seasons in the Premier League with St.Mirren before he went to Hibs. He played over 80 games, won the League Cup as a 17 year old, and was a standout long before Hibs picked him up. The only real surprise was that a bigger team didn't take him at that stage. 

He definitely improved and was given a better platform at Hibs to advance his career to where is now - but the notion that he was plucked out of Championship team to play for Scotland doesn't really tell the full story. 

As for Shankland - I'd personally don't think he's ready and he's absolutely unproven as SPL level. That being said, there's not much to lose given that we're effectively out of the group. The lad deserves great credit for knuckling down after his career was heading off in the wrong direction when he was unfit, overweight and lazy. Maybe this could be a good springboard to keep feeding his desire to keep improving. 

21 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Set phasers to meltdown captain.

Credit surely goes to DUFC (and maybe Ayr) after resurrecting his career; a career that was nearly ruined  by Aberdeen’s appalling mismanagement of a teenage talent 😃

Full credit should be going to Ayr, Shamkland and Ian McCall. 

McCall signed him knowing it was last chance saloon playing full time football, Ayr gave him the platform of playing every week and Shankland put in the hard work. Dundee utd just continued the great work that Ayr put in