The Official Lawrence Shankland Thread - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Official Lawrence Shankland Thread

If Steve Bull can get capped while with Wolves in the bottom two tiers of English football (13 caps, 4 goals) then don’t see why Shankland can’t get called up by us. 15 goals before October. Aye, Championship player maybe but that’s only because everyone else was too daft to take a chance on him in the summer. 

It’s no as if we’re bursting at the seams with goalscorers.

33 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

He is a championship striker.

No more needs said

See, this is where I think Scotland misses a trick. Either arrogance or ignorance I’m not sure. 20 years ago I would have probably agreed with you but now ? Slovakia capped Savranko playing in the same league for us last season, there will be a host of other countries that capped players playing at a similar if not worse level. We are simply to shit these days to be so dismissive  

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

See, this is where I think Scotland misses a trick. Either arrogance or ignorance I’m not sure. 20 years ago I would have probably agreed with you but now ? Slovakia capped Savranko playing in the same league for us last season, there will be a host of other countries that capped players playing at a similar if not worse level. We are simply to shit these days to be so dismissive  

He had a spell with the big boys, by big boys I mean the shit standard SPFL premiership, he failed at every opportunity and was sent packing. 

He has found his level, if we as in scotland are picking a scottish championship striker then we are in deeper shit than I first thought. 

This isn't ignorance or arrogance, the scottish championship is a horrendous level of football as are most of its players compared to international level. 

1 hour ago, McTeeko said:

If Steve Bull can get capped while with Wolves in the bottom two tiers of English football (13 caps, 4 goals) then don’t see why Shankland can’t get called up by us. 15 goals before October. Aye, Championship player maybe but that’s only because everyone else was too daft to take a chance on him in the summer. 

It’s no as if we’re bursting at the seams with goalscorers.

Everyone else was too daft? 😂😂

The arabs have become delusional 

Just now, vanderark14 said:

He had a spell with the big boys, by big boys I mean the shit standard SPFL premiership, he failed at every opportunity and was sent packing. 

He has found his level, if we as in scotland are picking a scottish championship striker then we are in deeper shit than I first thought. 

This isn't ignorance or arrogance, the scottish championship is a horrendous level of football as are most of its players compared to international level. 

OR. He was unfit and unprofessional and stepped down a level. Mended his ways, knuckled down and worked his arse off. As I say, we cant afford to be so dismissive the state we are in simply because us plays in the Championship. Let’s be honest, there is little or no difference between the top three or so of the Championship and the bottom half dozen in the SPL. 

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Everyone else was too daft? 😂😂

The arabs have become delusional 

😂😂😂 Im not saying he is the answer. Delusional, have a word with yourself. You really are the King of the knee jerk reaction. My point is, we cant be dismissing anyone that bang on form because they don’t feature in the top few teams.  Its the same sort of thinking that has us picking Chris Martin etc because they are on £40K a week so they must be good.

madness 

2 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

OR. He was unfit and unprofessional and stepped down a level. Mended his ways, knuckled down and worked his arse off. As I say, we cant afford to be so dismissive the state we are in simply because us plays in the Championship. Let’s be honest, there is little or no difference between the top three or so of the Championship and the bottom half dozen in the 

He was unfit and unprofessional, correct. He admitted this. 

He may be fit and more.professional but he is still in a very low standard league, even if he was at a bottom six club in the SPFL he probably wouldn't get a look in. If he starts banging them in at a higher level then it time to discuss nut relatively speaking he is in a pub league

1 minute ago, Jim Beem said:

😂😂😂 Im not saying he is the answer. Delusional, have a word with yourself. You really are the King of the knee jerk reaction. My point is, we cant be dismissing anyone that bang on form because they don’t feature in the top few teams.  Its the same sort of thinking that has us picking Chris Martin etc because they are on £40K a week so they must be good.

madness 

The king of knee jerk reaction? You've got me mixed with someone else.

Have a word with myself? Away and get fucked ye condescending wank

Just now, vanderark14 said:

He was unfit and unprofessional, correct. He admitted this. 

He may be fit and more.professional but he is still in a very low standard league, even if he was at a bottom six club in the SPFL he probably wouldn't get a look in. If he starts banging them in at a higher level then it time to discuss nut relatively speaking he is in a pub league

You seem very angry again VanderRage. 😂😂 You dont have get yourself in some states. Might be an idea to give this place a swerve when your teams had a tonking 😃

Just now, Jim Beem said:

You seem very angry again VanderRage. 😂😂 You dont have get yourself in some states. Might be an idea to give this place a swerve when your teams had a tonking 😃

I'm in a perfectly happy state, I gave you my opinion which went against yours, you couldn't handle so you chose to be a condescending wank.

8 hours ago, bonzo said:

Look, it's quite simple if you are a goal scorer you're a goalscorer. Gie him a shot?

I wish it were that simple, I have nothing against shankland but when was tested at a higher level he failed, he needs to be tested at that level or higher again before anyone can judge him properly. When it comes to the national side, Nothing would be please me more than shankland becoming a our number one striker, other than a centre back or right back we desperately need a scorer.

i get that united fans are  excited, they are right to be because they’re in a great position but touting their striker for a call up off the back of a hatrick against the side 5th in the Scottish championship is a non starter IMO