This global climate strike - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This global climate strike

12 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I do think you are a total *****.  Maybe that is why you have conflated my views to suit yourself and the shite you spout on here? 

I am very open about the fact that I am indeed an odious cunt and freely confess that I do also talk some amount of shite - such as my prediction that Hibs would finish third this year for example.

However, you yourself don't half talk a massive tanker load of shite yourself over on the EU thread for example. 

Maybe we are long lost father and son ? :yikes3:

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I am very open about the fact that I am indeed an odious cunt and freely confess that I do also talk some amount of shite - such as my prediction that Hibs would finish third this year for example.

However, you yourself don't half talk a massive tanker load of shite yourself over on the EU thread for example. 

All that might be true you but you don’t see me mentioning your name like a sad sack of shit. How about you fuck off and mind your own business and i’ll  do the same?

14 hours ago, thplinth said:

The tree huggers are fine. As they were to begin with. It is easy to be snide snipey cunt on here. So I dare say you are confused.

14 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Could I interest you both in a house phone ? 

On 9/20/2019 at 5:01 PM, phart said:

If the function was to emit the least amount of carbon into the air she should have used a commercial flight.

Instead she used carbon fibre boat which produces 14 times the amount of carbon as making steel. Has a 20% waste ratio, i.e. 50k tonnes a year get made 10k tonnes of it is useless and waste. Is hard as fuck to recycle and a blight on the environment. Flew crews out on multiple flights etc.

She should educate herself on carbon emissions and what causes them if she is going to speak on it.

I assume you mean that making carbon fibre creates 14 times as much carbon dioxide as making steel?  It's unfortunate that the media don't employ anyone who actually knows that carbon and carbon dioxide are not the same thing, and that carbon (the element) is not the problem; it's carbon dioxide that is (allegedly) the problem.  In fact 10 tonnes of carbon fibre waste will never contribute to global warming.  Unless maybe it can be burnt.

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

I assume you mean that making carbon fibre creates 14 times as much carbon dioxide as making steel?  It's unfortunate that the media don't employ anyone who actually knows that carbon and carbon dioxide are not the same thing, and that carbon (the element) is not the problem; it's carbon dioxide that is (allegedly) the problem.  In fact 10 tonnes of carbon fibre waste will never contribute to global warming.  Unless maybe it can be burnt.

I did. Although on a point of pedantry it does produce 14 times the amount of carbon (in the form of carbon dioxide.)

It's production would though. I don't think anyone is sitting thinking it emits carbon when it's in boat form.

2 minutes ago, phart said:

I did. Although on a point of pedantry it does produce 14 times the amount of carbon (in the form of carbon dioxide.)

It's production would though. I don't think anyone is sitting thinking it emits carbon when it's in boat form.

Going by some people's understanding of science Im not so sure about that.

Had a "debate" with ma faither about this at the weekend. 

He is of the opinion that the use of these kids for demonstrations is part of a global leftist conspiracy to destroy capitalism and our economies, so that a totalitarian world government can assume control. 

I am of the opinion that he should spend less time on YouTube. 

3 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Had a "debate" with ma faither about this at the weekend. 

He is of the opinion that the use of these kids for demonstrations is part of a global leftist conspiracy to destroy capitalism and our economies, so that a totalitarian world government can assume control. 

I am of the opinion that he should spend less time on YouTube. 

Smart man your dad ...

10 minutes ago, phart said:

Being objective a hostile habitat for homo sapiens is a good thing for the biosphere we wreck everything anyway.

If you really want to save the planet kill yourself.

Och min, I hope you haven't just instigated a mass suicide extinction event. Think of all that methane from millions of decomposing bodies. 

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Och min, I hope you haven't just instigated a mass suicide extinction event. Think of all that methane from millions of decomposing bodies. 

If me posting that on the TAMB starts a mass suicide event then the TAMB is clearly more influential than thought.

20 minutes ago, phart said:

Being objective a hostile habitat for homo sapiens is a good thing for the biosphere we wreck everything anyway.

If you really want to save the planet kill yourself.

Does this mean Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot were the de facto good guys?

• 2 weeks later...