This global climate strike - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This global climate strike

Saw a tweet, ‘’ as a heart warming gesture of solidarity with #GlobalClimateStrike , it would appear that 150,000 Thomas Cook customers will no longer be flying home from their holidays. ‘’ 

Would have been amusing if not for the fact me and my family are flying with them 3 weeks today, on a flight only basis 😕

28 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

On a scale of 1 to 10.

How raging will thplinth be at this ?

Why do you keep dragging me into your pish posts? I could not give a fuck about this story yet I have some twat telling me I am going to be raging. At what you clown? Seriously leave me out of your tedious garbage.

45 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

On a scale of 1 to 10.

How raging will thplinth be at this ?

14 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Why do you keep dragging me into your pish posts? I could not give a fuck about this story yet I have some twat telling me I am going to be raging. At what you clown? Seriously leave me out of your tedious garbage.

A dissapointing 6.5.

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Lol

http://en.rfi.fr/environment/20190801-Zero-carbon-footprint-as-Thunberg-takes-campaign-across-the-Atlantic

Zero carbon footprint as Thunberg takes campaign across the Atlantic

Staying true to her cause, Greta Thunberg, the Swedish teenage climate activist will cross the Atlantic aboard a bare bones racing boat to attend a climate action summit at the United Nations in New York.

This was the spin in the press. But they had to fly out the crew and it would have been less carbon emissions if she just flew across commercial.

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

When was the last time I dragged you into one of my many pish posts ? ^?^

No matter anyway because being insulted by a pure raging thplinth is a TAMB badge of honour everyone should aspire to :ok:

18 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

When was the last time I dragged you into one of my many pish posts ? ^?^

No matter anyway because being insulted by a pure raging thplinth is a TAMB badge of honour everyone should aspire to :ok:

Eh see directly above. Fuck knows why you feel the need to involve me in a thread I did not post in. 

I know its a good cause, but I wish the spoilt rich kid would fuck off.

Oh she has aspergers as 50% of reports need to mention, but it works for her apparently, just fuck off with this shite please, its patronising pish.

We cant all afford, either time or financially to sail across the world, its a stupid PR stunt and nothing more.

1 hour ago, phart said:

http://en.rfi.fr/environment/20190801-Zero-carbon-footprint-as-Thunberg-takes-campaign-across-the-Atlantic

Zero carbon footprint as Thunberg takes campaign across the Atlantic

Staying true to her cause, Greta Thunberg, the Swedish teenage climate activist will cross the Atlantic aboard a bare bones racing boat to attend a climate action summit at the United Nations in New York.

This was the spin in the press. But they had to fly out the crew and it would have been less carbon emissions if she just flew across commercial.

Oh ok.. I see.. That is not annoying. That is hilarious. 

9 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Oh ok.. I see.. That is not annoying. That is hilarious. 

If the function was to emit the least amount of carbon into the air she should have used a commercial flight.

Instead she used carbon fibre boat which produces 14 times the amount of carbon as making steel. Has a 20% waste ratio, i.e. 50k tonnes a year get made 10k tonnes of it is useless and waste. Is hard as fuck to recycle and a blight on the environment. Flew crews out on multiple flights etc.

She should educate herself on carbon emissions and what causes them if she is going to speak on it.

Edited by phart

16 minutes ago, phart said:

If the function was to emit the least amount of carbon into the air she should have used a commercial flight.

Instead she used carbon fibre boat which produces 14 times the amount of carbon as making steel. Has a 20% waste ratio, i.e. 50k tonnes a year get made 10k tonnes of it is useless and waste. Is hard as fuck to recycle and a blight on the environment. Flew crews out on multiple flights etc.

She should educate herself on carbon emissions and what causes them if she is going to speak on it.

I did see all this. It is that Greta girl right. I just blank this garbage now. Reminds me of that fanny David Hogg was it. They do seem to have adopted the tactic of using kids to Trojan horse in their politics. Makes sense when they know their arguments are weak.

8 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I did see all this. It is that Greta girl right. I just blank this garbage now. Reminds me of that fanny David Hogg was it. They do seem to have adopted the tactic of using kids to Trojan horse in their politics. Makes sense when they know their arguments are weak.

I had to google David Hogg as it didn't come to mind , look what he tweeted 5 mins ago lol. Not sure what category she would qualify for?

It's been a tactic for a while.

Edited by phart

Despite claiming four hours ago that "I could not give a fuck about this story" it would appear thplinth now does indeed give a fuck about the tree huggers after all :lol:

8 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Remember, it can if necessary go up to 11 but only in extraordinary circumstances.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

5 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I think that's simply fabulous :ok:

Thought you really hated tree huggers and all that kind of crowd ?

I do think you are a total *****.  Maybe that is why you have conflated my views to suit yourself and the shite you spout on here?