What shall we do for these remaining games - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What shall we do for these remaining games

bonny78

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

I would like to try and treat these games as if we are still trying to qualify and get 9 points and bring Griffith's in so that we are ready for the play offs. Build some momentum and establish a stable team that will be the bedrock of the future. 

Griffiths wasn't even on the bench tonight. Is he injured?

Need to get a couple of young players introduced to the senior team.

And for anyone who thinks "they huvnae served their 'apprenticeship' yet" stick it up your arse.

Give McLaughlin and MacGillivray a home game each in goal.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

We should permit ourselves some experimentation to solve our issue then make decisions based on the info we have. McLeish seemed to be all over the place until the campaign started and by that point morale was totally wrecked because of the heavy losses in those dumb friendlies in America. The problem areas are ..... everywhere lol. Formation, right back, central defence, Tierney placement, attack and in the mind.

16 hours ago, Catchart Circle said:

Let's drop the admission to £15 and get a good turn out rather than embarrassingly low attendances.

Oh, forgot that the season ticket holders would complain then.

Ticket prices are scandalous for Scotland games, to watch us getting humped on a fri/mon and asking the general public to pay £35 for the privilege for it. Hampden is a soulless bowl with the worst stands behind the goal known to man. Feck, you're closer to kilmarnock than you are to the pitch

16 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Griffiths wasn't even on the bench tonight. Is he injured?

If he was injured then it is obviously a concern, and not much can be done about it.

If he's missing games because he can't get in the side, I think (given our lack of options in the striking dept) we should still look to play him. Celtic are a stronger side than Scotland, hence he might not be figuring as much as we'd like.

Our (excuse the oxymoron)  "strength in the depth" is so weak, that if some our best players aren't playing week to week for their club sides, I don't think we can afford to let it bother us.

4 hours ago, scot scotland scottish said:

If he was injured then it is obviously a concern, and not much can be done about it.

If he's missing games because he can't get in the side, I think (given our lack of options in the striking dept) we should still look to play him. Celtic are a stronger side than Scotland, hence he might not be figuring as much as we'd like.

Our (excuse the oxymoron)  "strength in the depth" is so weak, that if some our best players aren't playing week to week for their club sides, I don't think we can afford to let it bother us.

Sorry but I just cant agree with that. 

I would love to have the Griffiths of two years ago available, but there is no proof what so ever that he is any were near that good at the moment.

We have McBurnie who was very good in the championship and is now playing in the EPL, Paterson who played and scored goals as a striker in the EPL last season and Phillips can play there too. Probably Forest or Russell as options too. Forgot about Burke

So poor as our options might appear they are not non existent 

On 9/19/2019 at 9:10 PM, Catchart Circle said:

Let's drop the admission to £15 and get a good turn out rather than embarrassingly low attendances.

Oh, forgot that the season ticket holders would complain then.

I’m a season ticket holder and wouldn’t complain if they dropped the prices. They could offer people with season tickets a wee discount for the first playoff game or something. 

1 minute ago, bonny78 said:

Go back to dream land u mug 

What are you talking about?

The last time they dropped the prices half way through a campaign they gave season ticket holders (or was it all SSC members?) a free ticket for a friendly against Northern Ireland. 

15 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

What are you talking about?

The last time they dropped the prices half way through a campaign they gave season ticket holders (or was it all SSC members?) a free ticket for a friendly against Northern Ireland. 

I meant us getting points 

On 9/20/2019 at 7:33 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

Sorry but I just cant agree with that. 

I would love to have the Griffiths of two years ago available, but there is no proof what so ever that he is any were near that good at the moment.

We have McBurnie who was very good in the championship and is now playing in the EPL, Paterson who played and scored goals as a striker in the EPL last season and Phillips can play there too. Probably Forest or Russell as options too. Forgot about Burke

So poor as our options might appear they are not non existent 

I'm not really interested in how players play when they're with other teams. McBurnie, as you rightly say was banging in goals in the English Championship, but has woeful in a Scotland shirt. Phillips likewise. Forrest too in all honesty (Nations league games apart).

These guys are letting us down.

Griffiths on the other hand has shown plenty in a Scotland shirt