Fernando Ricksen - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fernando Ricksen

Such a terrible awful disease. To see a man who was so fit, healthy and strong become such a shadow of his former self and succumbing to this is heartbreaking.

RIP Fernando, whilst your physical strength left you your strength in character never did. An inspiration to many, your suffering is now over.

Ricksen was a bastard of a player to play against, the guy never stopped, his commitment and effort was second to none. He was also a pretty decent player ability wise. 

His illness shows that sometimes, no matter how fit, or strong you are, you just can’t win. 

I don’t mean this in a bad way, genuinely don’t, but it’s best that he has gone, his life couldn’t have been good recently. It must be hell being strong and fit, then just wasting away to what he did. 

One of the best back page headlines I ever read was about Ricksen.  He got sent of at Livi and their fans were playing drums.  (My pal, a teacher was one of them).  There was a photo of Ricksen walking off and the headline above was 'can you hear the drums Fernado?'.  Thought that was quality.  RIP to a fighter and great player.

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Ricksen was a bastard of a player to play against, the guy never stopped, his commitment and effort was second to none. He was also a pretty decent player ability wise. 

His illness shows that sometimes, no matter how fit, or strong you are, you just can’t win. 

I don’t mean this in a bad way, genuinely don’t, but it’s best that he has gone, his life couldn’t have been good recently. It must be hell being strong and fit, then just wasting away to what he did. 

I know what you mean. The suffering, both physically and mentally must have been horrible. My thoughts are with his family. 

On 9/18/2019 at 6:26 PM, Rolling hIlls said:

One of the best back page headlines I ever read was about Ricksen.  He got sent of at Livi and their fans were playing drums.  (My pal, a teacher was one of them).  There was a photo of Ricksen walking off and the headline above was 'can you hear the drums Fernado?'.  Thought that was quality.  RIP to a fighter and great player.

Ricksen was never sent off against Livingston according to this

6 hours ago, OLAS said:

Ricksen was never sent off against Livingston according to this

I am positive that it was against Livi at Livi.  The headlines on back page were as I said, can u hera the drums Fernado.  I didn't just make it up!!  On another note, Celtic having a minutes applause at next home game for Ricksen.  Well done to the club.  

4 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I am positive that it was against Livi at Livi.  The headlines on back page were as I said, can u hera the drums Fernado.  I didn't just make it up!!  On another note, Celtic having a minutes applause at next home game for Ricksen.  Well done to the club.  

As much as it’s sad why the fuck are we having a minutes applause? Pathetic grief mongering pish.

9 hours ago, macy37 said:

As much as it’s sad why the fuck are we having a minutes applause? Pathetic grief mongering pish.

FIFA-president Gianni Infantino: "Fernando Ricksen was the embodiment of what it means to react with kindness and solidarity in face of adversity. His commitment to the fight against MND Ieaves an indelible Iegacy to this world. He will be truly missed." #Fernando @FIFAcom

That's why. 

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

FIFA-president Gianni Infantino: "Fernando Ricksen was the embodiment of what it means to react with kindness and solidarity in face of adversity. His commitment to the fight against MND Ieaves an indelible Iegacy to this world. He will be truly missed." #Fernando @FIFAcom

That's why. 

Well said.

43 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Where do you draw the line? A player from Elgin day passes away sadly from cancer...minutes applause? A player from Kelty has Heart attack, minutes applause. Absolute bollocks it is. Yes at your own club but at other clubs? Naw.

Grief mongering cunts.

Your support worst about for it.

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

For what?

Rangers and Celtic are two of the footballing worlds great rivalries.  It's good to show some respect and a step in the right direction.  In my opinion that is.  Gerard showing his class by showing Grezda the door for spitting.  Good signs coming out of Ibrox and Parkhead these days.  Just need the fans to act likewise then it will all be a happy place 😀.  Even you might be happy some day Macy!  At least you haven't got me on ignore. A man of courage and wisdom likely!!!

5 hours ago, macy37 said:

Where do you draw the line? A player from Elgin day passes away sadly from cancer...minutes applause? A player from Kelty has Heart attack, minutes applause. Absolute bollocks it is. Yes at your own club but at other clubs? Naw.

Grief mongering cunts.

You have the option not to participate. 

Fair play to Celtic if they want to organise a tribute to a rival player but fair play to them if they didn't do anything. 

29 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

U ever heard anything like this wee netball English guy? He argues with himself for fuk sake

As he he just said. Gordon Strachan was right apart from he has an English bulldog.. stand on Van Der park. U ignore me when u get beat in a conversation. Parkie and Ormond did the same. Scotland forever 

'It's good to show some respect and a step in the right direction.'

Can you remind me who said that?

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

'It's good to show some respect and a step in the right direction.'

Can you remind me who said that?

I said that.  Hence why I am congratulating celtic for what they have done.  Is that wrong of me?  Or as the people that have put me on ignore because they cannot take it?  Either way, I love my club and Scotland.  If people on here canny take then f**k them.