Best manager not working - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Best manager not working

McInnes not had a great start to season.  Very lucky to get through League Cup against Dundee. Poor league form. Another disappointing European exit.  Eye-bleedingly bad football on show with no plan B. McKenna, Wright, Gallagher, Bryson and Ojo now out all seemingly long term injured. Granted last point not exactly his doing.

Playing three central midfielders at home against the then bottom of the league club is a poor show. No pace, no creativity, lumping it up to an isolated Cosgrove. No urgency, no tempo and no desire in the team.  He's going to have to bust a gut to get Shinnie back on loan if that all continues.  It's been pretty sh1t so far.   

At the top end I'd say former Juve manager Allegri (think he's taking a year off or something) and Luis Enrique. I know Enrique has had some devastating personal circumstances to deal with so he may be away from football for quite some time yet. Not gonna mention Mourinho as I think he is washed but plenty of folk disagree.

At Scottish domestic level maybe names like Peter Houston, Jim McIntyre could be recycled and given another shot at it by a desperate club. I see Mixu Paatelainen is currently managing Hong Kong and Kenny Shiels is in charge of Northern Ireland's women but those were two other names that sprang to mind. Good question.

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Roy Keane.

Keane and Jose think they're the best mangers without a job.  I thought Moyes did a half decent job at West Ham and restored a bit of a damaged reputation. It's strange some mangers seem constantly, particularly in Scotland, to be recycled from one club to another though they have never been particularly successful and others perhaps have one or two clubs then you never hear of them again, through their own choice or otherwise.  And then there are managers who are really rated for a spell and then everything goes pear shaped (Steve McLaren, Owen Coyle etc.)

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Kenny Miller to replace him for a right giggle.

Wouldn't wish that on Partick, he is an odious cunt of a man. Thats McCann and Caldwell that he was mates with who have both been sacked after signing him. Its not his fault, but Im blaming him.

4 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Wouldn't wish that on Partick, he is an odious cunt of a man. Thats McCann and Caldwell that he was mates with who have both been sacked after signing him. Its not his fault, but Im blaming him.

Is he really that bad? 

3 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Rumours in Edinburgh of McCann pitching up at the pink bus shelter, fingers crossed

There is nobody in the frame for that job, as Craig Levein has it and is also in charge of his own succession plan, but he thinks he’s doing a great job. 😬

Stories that Stephen Robinson is being eyed up are nonsense too.

7 hours ago, kumnio said:

I got told that at the end of last season, surely it can’t be true. Even if pity Hearts if that happened. 

From a snoop on Kickback, there's a fair few of their fans touting him.

Jefferies, Robertson and McCann seemed to be the names mostly being bandied about by them.