Gerrard - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jim white shot his bolt speaking about gerrard this week after he renewed contract. I dont see the hype myself. If anything he under achieved last season.

White also insisted gerrard was there for the long haul. Aye right, hes off as soon as an EPL team come calling

Edited by vanderark14

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

And the bile and jealousy continues.  Wake up and smell the Glenlivet bhoys.  The Gers are back in town.  Speaking of that.  Of in to Gala with one of my girlfriends.  As they say in France.  Adios

It’s off. 

10 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

When did the huns officially change their name to “Steven Gerrards Rangers”?

I can never decide if I hold them or our sycophantic media in lower regard? Kris Boyd can take his; not even fat anymore, face for a shite!

Start of last season when he signed. Its been constant since then. They had to do something to help drop the "The" prefix.

11 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

When did the huns officially change their name to “Steven Gerrards Rangers”?

I can never decide if I hold them or our sycophantic media in lower regard? Kris Boyd can take his; not even fat anymore, face for a shite!

I mentioned this last week somewhere. It's mental. The huns lap it up, but it just shows how irrelevant they are to most.

• 2 months later...

I know he's never had a cheery demeanor but ffs Gerrard looks thoroughly depressed recently. Looks like he's had enough imo. Don't think he's cut out for management, doesn't appear to be getting any enjoyment  from it. 

Edited by Och Aye

13 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

I know he's never had a cheery demeanor but ffs Gerrard looks thoroughly depressed recently. Looks like he's had enough imo. Don't think he's cut out for management, doesn't appear to be getting any enjoyment  from it. 

He seemed pretty chuffed on Wednesday night and looked like he got plenty of enjoyment out of the win at Parkhead in December. Think people are being a wee bit kneed jerk and looking for what they want to see. He was rightly pissed off on Saturday but I don’t think it’s making him question his career choice. 

15 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

He seemed pretty chuffed on Wednesday night and looked like he got plenty of enjoyment out of the win at Parkhead in December. Think people are being a wee bit kneed jerk and looking for what they want to see. He was rightly pissed off on Saturday but I don’t think it’s making him question his career choice. 

I agree with this. He just takes defeat badly, most succesful people do.

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I agree with this. He just takes defeat badly, most succesful people do.

Exactly. Biggest issue re Rangers is expectation. If he fails to stop 10 in a row he will be deemed a failure, and failure to delivery a trophy... 

9 hours ago, shaggycoo said:

Exactly. Biggest issue re Rangers is expectation. If he fails to stop 10 in a row he will be deemed a failure, and failure to delivery a trophy... 

Can't see him staying on for a 3rd term personally. His ego is massive so I doubt he'll want his name attributed to being the manager at the help if Celtic clinch the 10.