Gerrard - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just read an article which the manager is discussing football and facing up to Feyenoord this week. Talking about how he played against Staam in the champions league final.  So full of grace for Staam and self depreciating.  A true footballing legend that we have in Scottish football.  We should all appreciate him here before he goes to manage Liverpool.  Happy Sunday morning.  The Glenlivet is going down well.  No church for me this morning.

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Just read an article which the manager is discussing football and facing up to Feyenoord this week. Talking about how he played against Staam in the champions league final.  So full of grace for Staam and self depreciating.  A true footballing legend that we have in Scottish football.  We should all appreciate him here before he goes to manage Liverpool.  Happy Sunday morning.  The Glenlivet is going down well.  No church for me this morning.

Clearly a raging Alky and fantasist. There’s help line numbers that might help you out. Try google.

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

This may have the potential to be your greatest fishing expedition, yet... I doth my hat.

7 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Some manager. Playing Ryan Kent before he was up to speed and causing him to sustain an injury? 

While apparently having a pop at Steve Clarke for his handling of Ryan Jack, that’s almost like he’s playing to the “stick your tartan army” loyal...

5 hours ago, Stu101 said:

This may have the potential to be your greatest fishing expedition, yet... I doth my hat.

It's only a great fishing expedition if it works. Everyone knows RH is on the wind up? Hence the reason most have him on ignore. 

Honestly not fishing, but has he done that good a job at Rangers?

He's bought some amount of dross ; constantly under-performed in big games - those wins over Celtic were near enough friendlies ; and yet to win a trophy.

He also is prone to the odd rant when the going gets tough.

We'll see, but Celtic are going win ten-in-a-row, IMO and Gerrard's won't have done his 'job' of stopping that.

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:48 AM, Rolling hIlls said:

He'll leave Scottish football having won fuck all.

Just now, Rolling hIlls said:

So how much do you know Mox compared to Gerrard?  11 men against 11 men and trying to score more goals than your opponent.  Simple enough for you?

The reason we are in this mess is the Largs Mafia coaching kids out of playing football.  In my opinion of course.  I take two kids teams and can't think of anything worse than an SFA coaching badge.  Maybe that's just me.  Or Alex Ferguson.  Or...…….  Look at where we are as a country.  Pitiful.  But my glass is always half full.  I saw bits in the Belgium game that give me a bit of hope.  Hence going to start going back to the games.

• 2 months later...