Real Sociedad stadium - running track gone - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Real Sociedad stadium - running track gone

Bobby Russell's Lovechild

Doing this at hampden was mentioned when Maxwell came in. "Willing to explore different options", or words to those affect. Pretty much heard nothing since. Would be interested to hear the current stance. Sure the pitch has been lowered on more than one occasion previously but not sure about that. 

1 hour ago, JECK said:

Doing this at hampden was mentioned when Maxwell came in. "Willing to explore different options", or words to those affect. Pretty much heard nothing since. Would be interested to hear the current stance. Sure the pitch has been lowered on more than one occasion previously but not sure about that. 

Now that the daft cunts have bought Hampden I would have thought that redevelopment is even less likely. The way these fannies are going they'll be lucky to cover running costs. 

I follow La Real as my La Liga team now Rayo Vallecano are back in Segunda. Think they started work during summer 2017 so only took two years.

Also when Man. City took over stadium after commonwealth games in 2002 they also lowered the pitch so they could put extra tier in right next to the pitch and then moved in 2003.

Said before I'm very much in favour of staying at Hampden but obviously sightlines are an issue but of course the SFA is pleading poverty so can't see much happening in next five years and then the same debates about moving will crop up again.

Aside from the money aspect I don't think it's really possible to improve the views at Hampden without reducing the capacity.  Although that's not really a problem right now!

On occasions where more than 40,000 seats are required you could move the games to Parkhead, Ibrox or Murrayfield. 

13 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

I follow La Real as my La Liga team now Rayo Vallecano are back in Segunda. Think they started work during summer 2017 so only took two years.

Also when Man. City took over stadium after commonwealth games in 2002 they also lowered the pitch so they could put extra tier in right next to the pitch and then moved in 2003.

Said before I'm very much in favour of staying at Hampden but obviously sightlines are an issue but of course the SFA is pleading poverty so can't see much happening in next five years and then the same debates about moving will crop up again.

Ye cannae change yer ram just cos they get relegated FFS man. 

I think the running track at Hampden is the least of our worries right now. 

Would be good to see Hampden redeveloped at some stage but I would rather see us get to a major tournament than spend millions on improving a stadium we can barely half fill at the moment. 

Looks a great idea, can’t see it happening.

The upcoming euros would’ve been the perfect opportunity to push something like this through.

Ultimately there’s no payback, people will still go and moan about it.

Theoretically it would free up some land behind either goal, but can’t see how they could really use it for anything that would generate funding or ongoing income.

On 9/15/2019 at 3:55 PM, Texas Pete said:

I think the running track at Hampden is the least of our worries right now. 

Would be good to see Hampden redeveloped at some stage but I would rather see us get to a major tournament than spend millions on improving a stadium we can barely half fill at the moment. 

This 100%

Every penny should be invested in the performance schools and youth development right now not developing a stadium which is already deemed good enough to hold matches at major tournaments and european finals.

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

This 100%

Every penny should be invested in the performance schools and youth development right now not developing a stadium which is already deemed good enough to hold matches at major tournaments and european finals.

Agreed - I'm not one who has a major problem with Hampden though. Folk exaggerate how bad the views are etc.

6 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Agreed - I'm not one who has a major problem with Hampden though. Folk exaggerate how bad the views are etc.

Tends to be the folk that buy the cheapest tickets and sit directly behind the goals that have a major problem.

Not that there is anything wrong with buying cheap tickets (I sit in the west stand myself) but if you buy your tickets early it's easy to get ones that are right beside the north stand with a decent view.

9 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

This 100%

Exactly.

There is nothing wrong with the atmosphere at a full Hampden either. If we can start getting results again and filling the place then there won't be an issue with the place feeling like graveyard. The view from directly behind the goals isn't great but you can say that about a lot of stadiums.

As things stand now I cannot see the SFA even giving a moments thought to revamping Hampden. Firstly, they need to sort out matters on the pitch first. Secondly, it would be foolhardy to chuck millions in to increase the capacity at a time when attendances are falling. In short I cannot see them even considering any revamp untoil things improve greatly on the pitch.

I agree that the view from behind the goals at hampden isn’t as bad as folk make out.

and anyone that offers parkhead as an alternative has clearly never been as an away fan!!!

Napoli tonight showed that even with a running track and plenty empty seats you can still create an atmosphere if there’s something to cheer for.

Any of the moaners actually go to any games? Belgium away? absolutely MILES away from the pitch... 
as sbcmfc says, Hampden is nowhere near as bad as people make out, most of the moaners are lazy cntz who cannae be ersed travelling more than 5 mins. 
I love Hampden but I'd love it to be closed in behind the goals. Can't see it happening for a while though.