Gilmour - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gilmour

Squirrelhumper

8 hours ago, bazmidd said:

😂😂 Hearts or Motherwell! what exactly brought you to that conclusion! The superior strength of the SPL to the Belgian top tier or the fact our clubs have excelled in Europe in the last few years! Just because a team has a name you can't  pronounce doesn't mean they are worse than the absolute guff we have in Scotland. Our league is a standard below even Belgium now unfortunately and the sooner people realise this and realise where we are on the footballing landscape the better

Doubt if there are many on here that have such a low regard of our home leagues. than me. I am just getting rather annoyed that when any player moves abroad they instantly become massive prospects and and any success they have will be seen as more than it is.

Recently we have bigged up Bates, Henderson and Harper simply because they might have got to kick a ball in a top league, Henderson has made it but he probably isn't good enough to get a regular start for one of the lower half teams.

2 hours ago, daviebee said:

To put it into perspective - Scotland has absolutely no strikers that could score in a brothel with a £20 note tied to their willies and WE don't even pick the erse.

He really is a terrible footballer though eh, remember watching him swan about for the first time playing for Scotland u21s at Tynecastle against Macedonia and he was absolutely howling. Struts about like a peacock with the touch of an angry mule

22 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

Would like and hope to see Billy Gilmour called up for the next set of games, absolutely nothing wrong getting a player of his potential and already gifted ability in the set up. Wales done it with Ampadu and England with Odoi. If the quality is there and it most certainly is then we absolutely should. 

Also hoping Mikey Johnston recovers well from injury and will be called up for the next set of games aswell as Fraser Hornby on the Basis he has good form in Belgium.

It’s all fine and well to call for young players to be selected but the U21s will have important games around the same time and the full squad games are dead rubbers. 

It won’t exactly do the U21s chances of qualifying much good if Clarke selects their best players and sits them on the bench. 

Guest ElChris04
34 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It’s all fine and well to call for young players to be selected but the U21s will have important games around the same time and the full squad games are dead rubbers. 

It won’t exactly do the U21s chances of qualifying much good if Clarke selects their best players and sits them on the bench. 

Aye I understand they aswell. I would only want them called up on the grounds they are guaranteed play time otherwise it would be a huge waste. 

5 hours ago, bazmidd said:

He really is a terrible footballer though eh, remember watching him swan about for the first time playing for Scotland u21s at Tynecastle against Macedonia and he was absolutely howling. Struts about like a peacock with the touch of an angry mule

How shite must Australia be if they've had to trawl the globe looking for this calibre of player?

And how deluded must Cummings be if he thinks he could cut it at international level?  :lol: 

I doubt if I'll lose any sleep over this one.