Gilmour - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gilmour

Squirrelhumper

4 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

That's easy.

Certain people do actually revel in failure (it allows them to rant and pontificate) and love to say "I told you so".

Yeah, its it's so easy to predict failure, it takes a brave man to predict success.  Predict failure, then if it happens you can be all "I told you so" but if success reigns you stay quiet and nobody brings up your negativity because they're too busy being happy at the positive outcome. 😁

5 minutes ago, todd said:

Yeah, its it's so easy to predict failure, it takes a brave man to predict success.  Predict failure, then if it happens you can be all "I told you so" but if success reigns you stay quiet and nobody brings up your negativity because they're too busy being happy at the positive outcome. 😁

I get what you're saying, but i can't recall anyone ever posting 'i told you he wouldnae make it' on here.

Don't get me wrong, i'll get excited about players (i posted this below about Gilmour...) but we're talking about a 16yr old that has a long long way to go. Caveats are just realism at this stage.

13 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Don't get me wrong, i'll get excited about players (i posted this below about Gilmour...) but we're talking about a 16yr old that has a long long way to go. Caveats are just realism at this stage.

He’s 18, an under 21 regular and has broken into the Chelsea first team. 

Edit : you mean Morrison don’t you?  In that case I agree. 

Edited by adamntg

On 9/13/2019 at 7:31 PM, vanderark14 said:

So the TAMB is also anti positivity?

Pretty much. 

Understandable to a degree given the shite we’ve had to put up with since 1998 but some folk are bordering on I.M. Jolly and shit on anything positive anyone has to say. 

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Pretty much. 

Understandable to a degree given the shite we’ve had to put up with since 1998 but some folk are bordering on I.M. Jolly and shit on anything positive anyone has to say. 

It wasnt a serious comment mate. I was playing around after yet another "the tamb is anti rangers" debate

27 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It wasnt a serious comment mate. I was playing around after yet another "the tamb is anti rangers" debate

I figured that but my point still stands. Even the news of a promising youngster signing a new deal is met with dour pish from some.

This place has been a bit more positive over the last few days though. Can’t think why.

5 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I figured that but my point still stands. Even the news of a promising youngster signing a new deal is met with dour pish from some.

This place has been a bit more positive over the last few days though. Can’t think why.

Craig Levein is on the verge of being sacked, that will create a few smiles 😂😂😂

48 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Serves him right for having an exciting young Scottish team & then replacing him with a far worse average foreign team 

It is a strange one to send McDonald and Cochrane out on loan, especially Cochrane. You would think they are good enough to contribute alot to hearts over the season.

Guest ElChris04

Would like and hope to see Billy Gilmour called up for the next set of games, absolutely nothing wrong getting a player of his potential and already gifted ability in the set up. Wales done it with Ampadu and England with Odoi. If the quality is there and it most certainly is then we absolutely should. 

Also hoping Mikey Johnston recovers well from injury and will be called up for the next set of games aswell as Fraser Hornby on the Basis he has good form in Belgium.

6 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Hornby on the bench on Sunday, which is not great. Team he is with are probably on a par with Hearts or Motherwell..

😂😂 Hearts or Motherwell! what exactly brought you to that conclusion! The superior strength of the SPL to the Belgian top tier or the fact our clubs have excelled in Europe in the last few years! Just because a team has a name you can't  pronounce doesn't mean they are worse than the absolute guff we have in Scotland. Our league is a standard below even Belgium now unfortunately and the sooner people realise this and realise where we are on the footballing landscape the better

Personally i would like to see gilmore in the squad and a few along with johnstons, if anything it would be more for the fans, a bit of hope looking to the future, thats why bertie mcvogts managed to keep a lot of fans onboard in-spite of some terrible results, the team was peppered with youngsters like faddy and fletcher. 

1 minute ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

On BBC gossip, Jason Cummings has thrown a hissy and is swapping to Australia. They'll have half a Scottish born squad soon!

Is that the boy who plays for Shrewsbury Town that sit 15th in the 3rd tier of English football?       The Aussies must be drooling at the prospect of signing a striker that has scored 11 goals in two years. 

1 hour ago, OLAS said:

Is that the boy who plays for Shrewsbury Town that sit 15th in the 3rd tier of English football?       The Aussies must be drooling at the prospect of signing a striker that has scored 11 goals in two years. 

I laughed at that too.  Apparently he's "turning his back" on Scotland.  Reminds me of that lassie I publicly dumped during playtime in P7 in front of all my mates 1/2 an hour after she'd privately told me she didn't want to go out with me!!

2 hours ago, OLAS said:

Australia must have a shite team of they have to pluck out our castoffs!

On 9/14/2019 at 1:30 PM, adamntg said:

He’s 18, an under 21 regular and has broken into the Chelsea first team. 

Edit : you mean Morrison don’t you?  In that case I agree. 

He hasn't broken into the first team at Chelsea.  He's had one appearance from the bench.  That's hugely encouraging and he's further along than I thought he'd be.  A lot of that is to do with Lampard and Morris being prepared to bring on young players.   Lets not get ahead of ourselves here - he's got a long way to go and some big players to displace in that midfield - but he's doing his chances absolutely no harm whatsoever.   

5 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

On BBC gossip, Jason Cummings has thrown a hissy and is swapping to Australia. They'll have half a Scottish born squad soon!

To put it into perspective - Scotland has absolutely no strikers that could score in a brothel with a £20 note tied to their willies and WE don't even pick the erse.