Ryan Jack - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ryan Jack

Squirrelhumper

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

It’s a bit bizarre. 

Probably the same people who were at Pittodrie booing Ryan Jack vs the Netherlands.

Personally I don’t care who Scotland players play for as long as they want to play for Scotland and give their all (& are decent players, sorry Stephen O’Donnell)

Theres very few on here care who our players play for. Some of us just questioned Gerrards comments but I see he has rushed Kent back............ he is hypocrite.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Theres very few on here care who our players play for. Some of us just questioned Gerrards comments but I see he has rushed Kent back............ he is hypocrite.

It’s the questioning of his comments that I think most of us are struggling to understand tbh 

12 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

It’s the questioning of his comments that I think most of us are struggling to understand tbh 

When I saw his comments I weighed it up, gerrard is know for talking bollocks to the press. See his first visit to pittodrie and numerous other bowlers for evidence. 

Clarke on the other hand isn't known to be full of shit and has been complimented on his coaching until now. 

Gerrard may well be right but none of us will ever really know.

Edited by vanderark14

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

When I saw his comments I weighed it up, gerrard is know for talking bollocks to the press. See his first visit to pittodrie and numerous other bowlers for evidence. 

Clarke on the other hand isn't known to be full of shit and has been complimented on his coaching until now. 

Gerrard may well be right but none of us will ever really know.

Fair enough. 

Gerrard could do with playing some Scottish players also which would be my main criticism of him. 

18 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Fair enough. 

Gerrard could do with playing some Scottish players also which would be my main criticism of him. 

Unlikely he will play many Scots this season now Middleton and McCrorie are out on loan. Hopefully those two getting some game time will benefit Scotland in the long term though. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I agree it’s a minority but they do exist and aren’t shy about telling you. 

As far as Gerrard being a hypocrite it’s hardly the same thing. If Kent has looked good in training all week there was no reason not to start him. That’s like saying nobody should start the first game of the season because they haven’t played in a while. 

What I would question though is Gerrard calling Clarke on it publicly. I don’t think there was a need for that. 

30 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I agree it’s a minority but they do exist and aren’t shy about telling you. 

As far as Gerrard being a hypocrite it’s hardly the same thing. If Kent has looked good in training all week there was no reason not to start him. That’s like saying nobody should start the first game of the season because they haven’t played in a while. 

What I would question though is Gerrard calling Clarke on it publicly. I don’t think there was a need for that. 

He may have looked good in training but what if he wasnt match fit?

I've not read enough as I dont care that much. 

Edited by vanderark14

25 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

He may have looked good in training but what if he wasnt match fit?

I've not read enough as I dont care that much. 

If he wasn’t match fit then Gerrard May have made a mistake by starting him. Not sure it makes him a hypocrite though. 

Kent looked fit enough yesterday though and I’m sure he’d have been taken off if he’d tired. Hamstrings can go at any time.

Seems a strange one.

Wouldn't have thought training while away with your country would be particularly intense on the fitness side.

Truth maybe lies in the middle. Ryan Jack has been eager to impress and pushed himself further than he should, would seem a logical explanation.

His decision making and final ball in the attacking 3rd of the pitch on Sunday was tremendous.

But he is very impressive and composed in all areas of the pitch. Honestly I wouldn't have any issue with him slotting in at right back, but wouldn't begrudge him starting directly into midfield even with the players we have there.