Ryan Jack - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ryan Jack

Squirrelhumper

Interesting. The Celtic players had the same prep for Russia game and they were all shit.

Gerrard could well be right but I doubt if many one on here will see it that way.

Back to work tomorrow after the games to face the wrath of my Rangers supporting boss. Yet another excuse for him to hate the national team and it's supporters

Does seem a bit odd to do an 11k though, particularly with players (Old Firm and English Championship players) who have been playing matches in midweek and on the weekend most weeks since the start of August.

The only benefit to do that would be to test the stamina of players who haven't been playing regularly - like David Bates and Stuart Armstrong - particularly given that it was only three days before a game.

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Interesting. The Celtic players had the same prep for Russia game and they were all shit.

Gerrard could well be right but I doubt if many one on here will see it that way.

Back to work tomorrow after the games to face the wrath of my Rangers supporting boss. Yet another excuse for him to hate the national team and it's supporters

Yes, given how, Christie aside, the Celtic players barely kicked a ball, I’d say Gerrard has a valid point. 

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I would say the average punter on here hates Rangers a lot more than Rangers fans hate Scotland. Most I know follow the national team, too. 

20 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I would say the average punter on here hates Rangers a lot more than Rangers fans hate Scotland. Most I know follow the national team, too. 

Agreed however fortunately this board isn't an accurate representation of our support and most normal folk don't give a shit who others support when it comes to following Scotland

8 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Fuck off with your moaning Gerrard you horrible prick.

You think its right that Scotland players are essentially being put through pre-season training regimes, weeks into the season, and before big international games?

This is dark ages stuff. No wonder we are a mess.

3 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

What do they mean by an 11k session? 'Scuse my ignorance.

Can be structured in various ways- normally 2/3 sessions totalling 11K, but made up of sprints, longer runs, an various stretches inbetween. In the periodisation fitness training book (from the Real Madrid guy, I think), its very much to get players up to fitness, and very much towards the pre-season part of things.

3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Can’t read the article, did Clarke have our players doing 11k runs?

Its not full 11K runs, but thats the distance covered in the session, yes. 

Its probably one step up from making them run up sand dunes, at this point in the season.

No wonder the players looked tired towards the end against Russia.

9 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Its not full 11K runs, but thats the distance covered in the session, yes. 

Its probably one step up from making them run up sand dunes, at this point in the season.

No wonder the players looked tired towards the end against Russia.

Hahaha. 

We’re a complete joke. 

Prick or not, Gerrard is well within his rights to question this. 

(Assuming this story is accurate)

Edited by ParisInAKilt

21 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

You think its right that Scotland players are essentially being put through pre-season training regimes, weeks into the season, and before big international games?

This is dark ages stuff. No wonder we are a mess.

How do we know Gerrard isn't exaggerating ?

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Was jack forced to take part in these medieval training sessions?

Bit of a strange question, obviously he’s not but would be a brave player to refuse to take part. 

No idea to what extent Gerrard is talking shite and just being an annoyed club manager but thought we looked well off the pace fitness wise in both games, obviously not helped when you’re chasing the ball for so long. If we can’t compete physically we’re fucked. 

Just now, ParisInAKilt said:

Bit of a strange question, obviously he’s not but would be a brave player to refuse to take part. 

No idea to what extent Gerrard is talking shite and just being an annoyed club manager but thought we looked well off the pace fitness wise in both games, obviously not helped when you’re chasing the ball for so long. If we can’t compete physically we’re fucked. 

It’s not strange at all, Jack apparently manages a knee issue. If he felt his knee would be affected he could say so, why would a player risk it? 

This is the first time I’ve ever heard anyone be critical of Clarke’s methods, last season it was all compliments now all of a sudden gerrard pipes up and it’s a problem. It’s a little convenient. 

It’s not as if gerrard hasn’t had previous for talking utter mince to the press is it? 

11 hours ago, Slide tackle said:

Agreed however fortunately this board isn't an accurate representation of our support and most normal folk don't give a shit who others support when it comes to following Scotland

I dislike the club rangers for multiple reasons, I dislike a section of their support but I don’t give a shit who people support at Scotland games. There is no anti rangers agenda on here like you and a small band of rangers fans think.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I dislike the club rangers for multiple reasons, I dislike a section of their support but I don’t give a shit who people support at Scotland games. There is no anti rangers agenda on here like you and a small band of rangers fans think.

“Hun cunts” is a recurring theme though. Somewhat sours the atmosphere.