Andy Roberston as captain - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Andy Roberston as captain

ceudmilefailte

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

They sacked McLeish on the basis of one bad result. If they are going to be consistent then they should sack Clarke if we lose to Cyprus or Kazakhstan. I think he will still be there for the playoffs though, unless he decides to walk.

I think they sacked McLeish on the basis of various poor results;

Losing to Israel when we should have been pumped 7-0

Losing to Kazakhstan heavily 

Various players giving up or not wanting included under him

That being said, are we really any better than those teams!? 

7 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

That being said, are we really any better than those teams!? 

Considering the players we have available to us then yes we should be considered as better than them. Robertson was in the Premier League XI team of the season and is widely regarded as one of the best left-backs in Europe. Ryan Fraser was up amongst the best for assists in the EPL. The likes of Kazakhstan  and Israel do not have players like that at their disposal.

24 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Considering the players we have available to us then yes we should be considered as better than them. Robertson was in the Premier League XI team of the season and is widely regarded as one of the best left-backs in Europe. Ryan Fraser was up amongst the best for assists in the EPL. The likes of Kazakhstan  and Israel do not have players like that at their disposal.

Yet they more than comfortably beat us

50 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Perhaps the phrasing I should have said is potentially we should be far better than them. You could put it down to various reasons as to why they beat us such as better work ethic as a team, better organised defensively and more motivated.

Or, they might just be better than us. 

I’m not really bothered who the captain is as I don’t think it would have a major bearing on how we play. 

Robertson has been poor for Scotland though. He has admitted that himself. If Tierney can establish himself in the Arsenal starting 11 then I can see Robertson struggling to get a game for Scotland, never mind hanging on to the armband. 

12 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I think a lot of folk think our players are better than they really are.

So if some ones team offers them a 4/5 year contract, or pays millions to sign a player  or a team refuses to sell a player for what appears crazy money are we to assume they are probably over rating players

It might be possible to make a mistake in the signing of a player but if you offer to extend a contract you already  know what you are getting like wise if you refuse to sell.

12 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

But some of them play in the worstest League in the world

No they don’t.

We rightly laughed at England when their golden generation failed, I know it’s not on the same scale but being a good winger for Bournemouth doesn’t mean you’ll be a good international player. 

We’re like an England C team. Results almost reflect that. 

12 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

A team that has a captain that influence's  performances is slightly less fucked

Sure but a captain can only do so much and it’s way down the list in terms of our problems. 

By all means change the captain, results won’t improve because of it (likely)

Edited by ParisInAKilt

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/15/2019 at 9:26 AM, Texas Pete said:

Robertson has been poor for Scotland though. He has admitted that himself. If Tierney can establish himself in the Arsenal starting 11 then I can see Robertson struggling to get a game for Scotland, never mind hanging on to the armband. 

This.

Edited by WCTA