Liam Cooper - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Liam Cooper

andyD

1 hour ago, daviebee said:

Utter nonsense.

1st goal: O'Donnell was challenging  Mertens.  Who was covering the runs of De Bruyne and Lukaku when Robertson got left 2 v 1?

4th goal: O'Donnell came across to challenge Lukaku as the 2 centre-halves got totally done with a  simple ball over the top.

See for yourself:

O'Donnell was out of position

Always leave 2 at half way

If you've a set piece and your centre halfs have gone up it's the full backs that stay

He should have passed Lukaku on for the 4th followed him across leaving de bruyne free, although could argue cooper should have switched when saw he was going all way over

Anyways, 5 of the 6 were errors, simple organisation or basic marking some of them

1 minute ago, Bino's said:

What the fuck are they coaching centre halfs at Scottish clubs

It must be the worst coaching standards on the planet

We still have far too many "dinnae fanny aboot wi that baw, jist boot it right up ra park" type managers and coaches at all levels.

Craig Levein for example.

This to me looks typical supporters pish, The people who wanted to see a poor performance saw it. It's all the same faces slating him, were as those with no opinion before the games seem to think he did ok or as well as could be expected. 

He did look like he had given up for the fourth goal though.

And any one who thinks some one who couldn't or cant get a game in second tier German and English football should be ahead of the captain of one of the strongest teams in the championship, well enough said

33 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

This to me looks typical supporters pish, The people who wanted to see a poor performance saw it. It's all the same faces slating him, were as those with no opinion before the games seem to think he did ok or as well as could be expected. 

He did look like he had given up for the fourth goal though.

And any one who thinks some one who couldn't or cant get a game in second tier German and English football should be ahead of the captain of one of the strongest teams in the championship, well enough said

Yeh tbf to cooper he maybe deserves more of a chance. It's harsh to judge him on those two games as we were only expected to have a chance against Russia. He should be kept in the squad and used as back up when needed and we can see how he gets on against lesser opposition.

23 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

You are aware that McIntyre is only just come back from a serious head injury and is highly rated by his club ?

I am well aware he is highly rated by Reading and McIntyre started their last game, Porteous hasn't played a minute for Hibs and Johnston not a minute for Feyenoord but both are still ahead of him. All good prospects but not sure how you can go banding a name about of someone who isn't even first choice for the u21s, what about the other two... 

3 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

I am well aware he is highly rated by Reading and McIntyre started their last game, Porteous hasn't played a minute for Hibs and Johnston not a minute for Feyenoord but both are still ahead of him. All good prospects but not sure how you can go banding a name about of someone who isn't even first choice for the u21s, what about the other two... 

I think the point he was making was that McIntyre was only just back from injury and we might not have seen the best of him yet.

Any way we have three new names we can talk about in the same way we did about McKenna Souttar and Bates not so long ago.

2 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I think the point he was making was that McIntyre was only just back from injury and we might not have seen the best of him yet.

Any way we have three new names we can talk about in the same way we did about McKenna Souttar and Bates not so long ago.

I thought the original point he was making was that McIntyre was the standout centre half at U21 level. I was just a bit confused by this considering Porteous, Johnston and McCrorie all played ahead of him at centre half over the last two U21 games. With Porteous also just back from an injury and straight back in against Croatia, if McIntyre is really the best of them all why would he not be straight back in? It seems to me that sometimes people just pluck out names in the hope that they are the next best thing based on not very much. 

On 9/10/2019 at 1:29 PM, Yorkie said:

No he isn't rotten for Leeds. He's decent for Leeds. English Championship team of the year last year.

He's just one of a bunch of centre backs that Scotland have available (Devlin, Souttar, Hanley, Lindsay, McKenna etc) who are all of a relatively similar level - limited. Doesn't really matter which of these gets played but I wish Clarke would pick a centre back pairing and just stick with it. Only way you're going to get a better product in central defence is by letting a couple of those guys get used to playing alongside one another over a series of games.

I go to about a dozen games a season and he’s fucking rotten. Stop talking pish. Those who put him into team of the year know as much about decent footballers as you clearly do. He’s raping the sport of a living.

14 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I go to about a dozen games a season and he’s fucking rotten. Stop talking pish. Those who put him into team of the year know as much about decent footballers as you clearly do. He’s raping the sport of a living.

Obviously you can tell a lot more from were you sit than who ever was dumb enough to give him a five year deal

It was his fellow professionals that voted him into the team of the year I doubt if they are as  clued up as you about football. I mean what do footballers know about football.

Cooper might not have played well for Scotland but you and one or two others are making yourselves look stupid with these continued attacks of his ability.

On 9/10/2019 at 7:27 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

You are aware that McIntyre is only just come back from a serious head injury and is highly rated by his club ?

So highly rated he has played in an entire four matches for them at the age of almost 21

20 minutes ago, mcnish said:

He was out for the last few months of last season but had only been playing in the under-23 squad up til then so my point still stands

What an ignorant thing to say.

You simply cannot rush a player right back into things after a skull fracture. That would be dangerous. Reading did the right thing gradually bring him back.

10 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Obviously you can tell a lot more from were you sit than who ever was dumb enough to give him a five year deal

It was his fellow professionals that voted him into the team of the year I doubt if they are as  clued up as you about football. I mean what do footballers know about football.

Cooper might not have played well for Scotland but you and one or two others are making yourselves look stupid with these continued attacks of his ability.

Yes top player. Cost Leeds promotion last year and is already leaving his mark on their challenge this season.

On 9/10/2019 at 6:42 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

Craig Halkett anyone ?

Would everyone please keep their fingers crossed that Tom McIntyre turns out alright !

Halkett was shocking against Motherwell on Saturday.

Could've been a one off bad performance I suppose but he hardly looked good enough to play for Hearts never mind Scotland.