Scotland v Belguim - match thread - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Belguim - match thread

vanderark14

I don’t think Clarke should be sacked, he can only piss with the cock he’s got, but.......

I think he was the wrong appointment, the problem with Scotland is that everything has to be done “the Scottish way” 

A complete clear out from a foreign manager with zero connection to Scottish football was what was required, fresh ideas and a new injection into the entire setup was what was required. 

The sfa have badly failed yet again on that front.   

2 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

But he’s not. And Fletcher can’t be arsed. And we failed with Fletcher. 

At what point do we accept the players aren’t good enough. 

At the point where other countries stop succeeding with players of a similar or worse level? 

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I don’t think Clarke should be sacked, he can only piss with the cock he’s got, but.......

I think he was the wrong appointment, the problem with Scotland is that everything has to be done “the Scottish way” 

A complete clear out from a foreign manager with zero connection to Scottish football was what was required, fresh ideas and a new injection into the entire setup was what was required. 

The sfa have badly failed yet again on that front.   

Moyes would of done a better job

only 0-2 by now

3 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

At the point where other countries stop succeeding with players of a similar or worse level? 

Well maybe it’s just a Scottish thing but being a good player for Bournemouth means fuck all anymore. We used to laugh at England even it was a larger scale. 

10 years of abject failure now. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

No it's not, Berti's team managed to get good results (and competed well) against Germany and Holland in the home games

It always amuses me when people say it’s back to the Vogts era. I would take that in a heartbeat. Some terrific results, play off spot and some fantastic youngsters brought into the fold. 

Yes, there were lows, but there was highs too. 

I can’t remember the last time I got excited about international football.  

6 minutes ago, albathebrave said:

We have the manager?  his last job was the kilmarnock manager,  let that sink in for a minute...

Since we’re on the Northern Ireland theme...

Michael O’Neill’s last job was Brechin City manager. Let that sink in.

Who Clarke previously managed is immaterial (but he did a bloody good job at Killie)