Scotland v Belguim - match thread - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Belguim - match thread

vanderark14

21 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Forget him, why was Lukaku allowed to be a one man wall defending a free kick then be alone inside our box to score 14 seconds later?

I'm only listening on the radio so wasn't aware Lukaku was in the wall. 

Absolutely embarrassing level of defending. 

Cack, we are calling for the Manager to resign already.  I'm not criticizing you, I personally beleive we have a good manager, we just don't have the players, we have to be ready for March, and surely from here on(OK in 45 minutes time) the only way is up for us.  

2 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

NI don't have better players than us. They are better managed and have been for few years now.

Correct

But don’t forget O’Neills first ten or so games as their manager were on a par with what we’re churning out this weekend.

We have to believe in Clarke to get it right. We can’t keep sacking or changing managers. That’s part of the problem lot the solution.

I think he’ll get there but it won’t be a particularly comfortable journey. Perhaps we have to suffer this to get to where we need to get to.

Strap yourselves in boys, it’s gonna be a bumpy ride.

1 minute ago, romanticscot said:

Cack, we are calling for the Manager to resign already.  I'm not criticizing you, I personally beleive we have a good manager, we just don't have the players, we have to be ready for March, and surely from here on(OK in 45 minutes time) the only way is up for us.  

It might be a knee jerk reaction calling for Clarke, but it is getting quite worrying that he has worked with the players for a few matches now and there seems to be a real lack of organisation. Even if we get beat in these games, you at least make it hard for them to beat you.

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

First thing is - we need to get a right back and 2 centre halves. Mulgrew and Cooper should not play again.

I agree with Cooper, he has had two games and has not stepped up.  Mulgrew, I'm not sure if I am ready to let him go just yet.  However, we should be starting with the youngsters - in the next 3/4 games they can learn allot - but Bates, McKenna and Souttar just unfortunately are injured/not fit. You can clearly see the fight that Snodgrass has, so he has to be in the squad.